Revolving reps

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Sure. Reps are what keep Drs from incompetency. :rolleyes:
For reasons we all know well the dentists in some cases will believe anyone but us. This is simply an extension of that. And we can use it. How well did it go over last time you told a doctor they were doing something wrong intraorally. The reps can get away with that. We should have the standing with our doctors to be able to tell them why what is wrong with what they do. We should also not have to explain to offices that if they pour a pickup impression, the object picked up should not be removed from the impression before pouring(yes, really happened). It just ain't true.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
very wise to keep the H off of DLN,...very wise.:cool:
I can't take credit for that. He does not like writing letters, which is essentially what computer communication is. He even dictates his letters to me because he does not enjoy creating at the keyboard...well, I think he enjoys having a personal secretary. It is a minor indulgence considering what a machine he is at working. I am a pampered pet for sure.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I've also had the same Nobel rep for all the time I've been a tech, so that helps. Everyone else? Revolving door. Paper salesmen, Brittanica salesmen, a few materials science degree fresh from college kids.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I totally get what youre saying. However, if a Schein sales rep is who the Dr is learning to take an impression from, were all doomed. Blind leading the deaf.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
they can be used for good and evil i will always talk to the reps if one is a ****head and has made life hard for me .ive been around long enough to return the favour but on the whole they trying to make a living the bad ones dont last long.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
As a sales guy I'm curious to know when these "reps" stop by every so often unannounced
is it annoying at some point? I will NEVER randomly show up unannounced to a customers
lab. To me that seems a little rude. You never know the current mood of the owner/manager
or if they're just really busy and don't have the time to shoot the 5hit with you.
Happened today. Employees were all WTF?!?
Owner was trying to cast.
Yeah, real welcome.
But we do a lot of AO4, so someone's always trying to blow you.

Oh, they were like 3 deep...
Blocking the hallway...

Last edited:
I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
For reasons we all know well the dentists in some cases will believe anyone but us. This is simply an extension of that. And we can use it. How well did it go over last time you told a doctor they were doing something wrong intraorally. The reps can get away with that. We should have the standing with our doctors to be able to tell them why what is wrong with what they do. We should also not have to explain to offices that if they pour a pickup impression, the object picked up should not be removed from the impression before pouring(yes, really happened). It just ain't true.

AND BE SURE TO PUSH THE PARTIAL FIRMLY AND COMPLETELY BACK INTO THE IMP BEFORE POURING MODEL!!!!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
There's a pole cat in the henhouse!

Moose11

Moose11

Reaction score
Reps are useless, they were probably selling walkers and bedpans a week ago and that qualifies as 'medical sales'. If you dont spend big bucks, your low on the totem. However, Im in a rural area, Ive had two reps come visit me 1 or 2x in the 6 years Ive been here. Henry schein, trying to sell me Cad cam stuff and zirconia, he later went to work for GC, and has since been by again. Other than that biohorizons rep came by once.

You can add the Nobel rep on that list now :pop:

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
telecommunications-revolving-revolving_doors-cell_phones-mobile-mobile_phone-bstn788_low.jpg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You can add the Nobel rep on that list now :pop:

Tyler! It was good to see you, thanks for making your way up here! Bring your boat over this summer. Beer