Reviews on the Neo Super Cascom Casting Machine?

A

AcademyDL

Reaction score
I have always wanted to know if anyone here had seen or possibly used the
Neo Super Cascom Casting machine?

Claims to cast all alloys including non precious except for titanium.

Link to site:

Neo Super Cascom: KDF U.S. Inc

Anything you guys can share with us about it would be greatly appreciated.
Better castings and having less experienced techs help cast interested me.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Miss-cast?? I just hit "re-print" and make more patterns.;)

(got to love the printers!)

Sorry, I'm no help. We still rock with the old skool broken arm.

2oothman

Reaction score
KDF cascom usage

I've used the older cascom (without argon) for ten years, and have had fairly good results with it. I very seldom get any miscast or porosity and bridges cast out without distortion.
When I first got it, I experienced a few problems with incomplete castings but, I found by sprueing with a wheel type sprue, bumping up the burnout and casting temperature, and weighing my wax-ups, I get consistent castings at about 4mm thick. Once you have your temperature set, it's the same every time. The downside I've seen is with the higher temps, the castings are a little rougher. I also found I could not cast gold crowns with a low heat investment (novacast) as I guess it is too dense or the temp is too low. I still get nice fits using fastfire 15, but the gold crowns don't have that nice smooth and shiny Tucker look.

A

AcademyDL

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I have wondered about these things for years.
I wonder if Gold casting can be done to the "Tucker" quality level with some more changes or with different investment?

2oothman

Reaction score
RE: cast gold

I haven't tried a lot to tweak the technique to get it to work, as I am getting nice fits with the Fastfire. I have only tried Beauty Cast and Nova Cast in the fine grain investments so, I don't know if another might work. Before I got the Cascom, I had what Microstar now sells as the Easy Cast. This was a vacuum (pull) machine which was ringless only, and gave me the same results. The Cascom is a push pull casting machine, so maybe if the air pressure is bumped up, it will push the gold, instead of trying to pull it through the fine grain investment. I guess I haven't thought of that before because I was using there suggested air pressure. I will give it a try (when I get caught up).

S

SunshineDental

Reaction score
Re: Neo Super Cascom

We used to have the smaller Cascom but upgraded recently to the Neo Super Cascom and it's alot better! The casts are dense with less to none porosity. You can use air pressure or argon pressure for castings. There is also an argon flow melting option. It comes with a pocket pager that notifies you when you've reached casting temp and its computerized systems allow you to program 100 castings. They're still small here in the U.S., but BIG in Japan where they are manufactured. I've seen the work done by the UCLA school of dentistry Dr. Endo using the Neo SC and it was the best I've ever seen. Hope this helps!

O

OklaDental

Reaction score
Cascom

I have used the Neo Cascom and it works great. We used it to cast all our precious metals and had no problems. The lab I worked at received about 50-100 cases a day so it was not a small lab we used it for big bridges,copings, full gold, etc. and had minimal problems just having to do with ratios and stuff like that. Hope that helps.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I am selling my Super Cascom, has a new muffle, 6 or 7 new crucibles, argon regulator,. Works great! $5500. PM me if interested, I will also be posting in the classifieds soon, if no interest, I will throw it on ebay.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
what are disagreeing with 2oothman? that post is 6 years old?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I miss my casom, i havent thought about it in awhile.. although I have a reinell im itching to get some parts for and get going..

2oothman

Reaction score
I've had one for 17 years now and love the consistent results, especially with long span bridges. You don't know what panic is though, until you get ready to cast and the muffle goes out! A backup casting system or spare muffle would be advisable. I have my old microstar KDF cascom as a backup, but it's kind of a hassle to lug the 100lb thing out of it the closet, set it on the bench, and hook up lines. My experience`with muffles has been 5 to 7 years for a one man lab.

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
We've got one for sale that we barely used, like new.
We're located in Canada, but can ship wherever as long as you agree to pay for shipping.

Attachments

• Neo Super Cascom.jpg
    Neo Super Cascom.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Crucible.jpg
    Crucible.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Remote.jpg
    Remote.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 9
dentexpert

dentexpert

Reaction score
We're located in Canada, but can ship wherever as long as you agree to pay for shipping.

Are you still selling the unit or it is already gone?
If it is gone, would you recommend this model for cast partials? I'm one man lab and I would like to keep my cast partial work in house? I have low volume of cast partials.
Located in Canada as well.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
No this is not for cast partials. While the kdf can cast some NP, partial chrome is a lot harder to heat than C&B alloy. You will wear out the muffle very quickly, and it is around $3400.

You need something like a reitel or maybe bego nautilus, although Im not familiar with the bego. I think talladium or nobilium has machine to cast partial chrome.

dentexpert

dentexpert

Reaction score
No this is not for cast partials. While the kdf can cast some NP, partial chrome is a lot harder to heat than C&B alloy. You will wear out the muffle very quickly, and it is around $3400.

You need something like a reitel or maybe bego nautilus, although Im not familiar with the bego. I think talladium or nobilium has machine to cast partial chrome.
Thank you for you honest reply. It helps a lot!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I had a kdf for several years, for gold alloys, its amazing, very dense castings. I also cast a lot of bego wirobond C in it, back in the PFM days, and the muffle lasted maybe 5 years of very light use, maybe 1-2 castings a week.

Care Dental Lab

Care Dental Lab

Reaction score
Is this unit still for sale?