Reverse toothed Burrs

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make them? I have times where it would be entirely too useful to have burrs that were toothed in the opposite rotational direction for left handed access/use to area I can't get to well with my right.

I'm dreaming probably.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If you put the hand piece in your other hand the teeth are still going in a cutting direction. Or I am misunderstanding the question.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If you put the hand piece in your other hand the teeth are still going in a cutting direction. Or I am misunderstanding the question.
I misstated the question more than anything. They still cut, but they are pushing against your thumb instead of your index and middle fingers which for me makes control real difficult as it wants to pivot and swing under or over my thumb.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think that hand is reserved :confused:

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I misstated the question more than anything. They still cut, but they are pushing against your thumb instead of your index and middle fingers which for me makes control real difficult as it wants to pivot and swing under or over my thumb.
Left handed mandrels are rare as hen's teeth. I would imagine that cutting tools are as well unless you get them custom made.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
image.php

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Nothing to see here. Just us hyper-intelligent ants jumping on the keyboard.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I bought some reverse mandrels from Komet a little while back. Maybe they have the burs too.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
4eb7bd28f6e9797e482899620d141f60.jpg

the irony of Ned's raised right fist in solidarity with left handed people is not lost on me.