Retrofit weiland mini

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Can a weiland mini mill be retrofitted from a electrical to a mechanical touch off?
I have a mini now that is crashing a lot and would like to get some more use out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Can a weiland mini mill be retrofitted from a electrical to a mechanical touch off?
I have a mini now that is crashing a lot and would like to get some more use out of it.

Have you tried calling tech support or equipment repair to fix the crashing problem? Not sure about the retrofit to a mechanical touch-off, but you should be able to get a replacement for the electrical one from equipment repair.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
It is a completely different layout on the milling chamber. Here are some pics. Only the disk holder rotates while the tool holder stays put. 20170315_093744.jpg 20170315_093635.jpg 20170315_093734.jpg

Plus the way the board reads the touch off, also a different cnc controller is used. Too many things to modify. There is something in the work from a buddy of mine to make a conversion but as of now Nadal. You can always buy a vhf and still use the wieland cam and run the new 4axis.

Vhf is the only one that has it out, wieland tech has never heard of it. I educated them a few weeks ago on ut. Lol it was classic.

I am running a vhf s1 off the wieland cam and out mini will be up on Monday so our 4k and mini will be run off the wieland cam as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

Multiple crashing in one day is a high sign of a spindle out or on its way out. Also z axis cable and a good cleaning might be needed. Take the cover off and blow it out with air.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Didn't someone cook up a signal amplifier for these?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Yes, there is a signal booster. I have one on my 4k.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Getting error codes

Tech support doesn't know yet what the first two are or why the second two are showing up.

G

greatmc2

Reaction score
Yes, there is a signal booster. I have one on my 4k.

Do you have information about the booster, who makes it or where I can order one?

I have heard of people being able to use diamond burs in Wieland and vhf machines with "pulse" tools sensors, I would like to explore this option for myself if it is true.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Do you have information about the booster, who makes it or where I can order one?

I have heard of people being able to use diamond burs in Wieland and vhf machines with "pulse" tools sensors, I would like to explore this option for myself if it is true.

As Patrick mentioned WPT equipment support for the Wieland mills can help you (they still support the mills). I believe they (WPT) call it a amplifier as JMN mentioned. I at one time checked into it, and they were ready to give me a part number but I tested mine and found out they had already installed one before they shipped it out (I bought a demo unit).

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

Vhf makes it, I run only a 2.5mm Sierra nano di as a diamond, nothing else. Everything else is the Sierra razor sharp 1mm and ivoclar .7mm. After a while the booster starts makin the mill act up so I took it off my vhf k4. I'm working a button touch conversion for the k4 mini style mills.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
As Patrick mentioned WPT equipment support for the Wieland mills can help you (they still support the mills). I believe they (WPT) call it a amplifier as JMN mentioned. I at one time checked into it, and they were ready to give me a part number but I tested mine and found out they had already installed one before they shipped it out (I bought a demo unit).
Yeah from what i heard as well they come with them installed, very easy to find if you pull the cover off.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah from what i heard as well they come with them installed, very easy to find if you pull the cover off.

That's easy for you so say...lol, I couldn't tell, I didn't know what I was looking for, so I had to use the DC volt test that support told me how to use to confirm that I had the amplifier. That's my understanding too, that they now come preinstalled.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It is a completely different layout on the milling chamber. Here are some pics. Only the disk holder rotates while the tool holder stays put. View attachment 25605 View attachment 25606 View attachment 25607

Plus the way the board reads the touch off, also a different cnc controller is used. Too many things to modify. There is something in the work from a buddy of mine to make a conversion but as of now Nadal. You can always buy a vhf and still use the wieland cam and run the new 4axis.

Vhf is the only one that has it out, wieland tech has never heard of it. I educated them a few weeks ago on ut. Lol it was classic.

I am running a vhf s1 off the wieland cam and out mini will be up on Monday so our 4k and mini will be run off the wieland cam as well.

Please tell me this is a mill right out of the box...it looks so clean, so sterile, you could perform a appendectomy in there :)

I really like how fast and efficient the Wieland cam is. Granted, the only thing I have to compare it with is my friends cam that came with his AG Mikro mills, but from seeing that, I like the Wieland cam better.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
What the heck are you guys talking about? Boosters and amplifiers???

I do have a Mini, too and Cam software got updated and things are much better, now. But I would like to get to know more about the whole Cad/Cam world. If you guys could direct me where I can read up on this topic, I would greatly appreciate that (not about Cad-Cam in general, but on this topic)!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

I do have a Mini, too and Cam software got updated and things are much better, now. But I would like to get to know more about the whole Cad/Cam world. If you guys could direct me where I can read up on this topic, I would greatly appreciate that (not about Cad-Cam in general, but on this topic)!

A touch plate amplifier, to help the electrical contact between the the burs and touch plate be more efficient. Sevan or others, can confirm this, but it also helps save on touch plate divioting as the contact, the electrical "confirmation" is again, more efficient.

Last edited:
Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
A touch plate amplifier, to help the electrical contact between the the burs and touch plate be more efficient. Sevan or others, can confirm this, but it also helps save on touch plate divioting as the contact, the electrical "confirmation" is again, more efficient.
I see, thanks! And I thought you guys are connecting the mill to some audio speakers, hence the amplifier... o_O

I still would like to know a bit more about it, so I can implement it further down the road.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I see, thanks! And I thought you guys are connecting the mill to some audio speakers, hence the amplifier... o_O

I still would like to know a bit more about it, so I can implement it further down the road.
If you really wanted to... Get some piezoelectric material, stick it to the machine and put a weight against it, run it's output to an amplifier and hear you machine rattle in stereo.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

Way to much info to just post it only took my 3 months to know the v3.4.065 cam inside out. Come on over and i can show you hands on. LOL

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

Yes, but it can also create problems in certain machines. Its all about tooling and keeping the mill clean, suction and cleaning the Collette every other day, I went a step further pulled off the disk holder and sand blasted under the plate and where the arm connects to the a axis. Now going to take it to the next level and convert it to mechanical touch off like the new vhf k4.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Please tell me this is a mill right out of the box...it looks so clean, so sterile, you could perform a appendectomy in there :)

I really like how fast and efficient the Wieland cam is. Granted, the only thing I have to compare it with is my friends cam that came with his AG Mikro mills, but from seeing that, I like the Wieland cam better.

Yes, this was a fresh mill just as they launched it, Talladium had one while i was there grabbing some stuff.