Retirement for a Dental Lab Technician

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I'm currently sitting at the infusion center getting my weekly chemo for multiple myeloma. On three other days of the week i get to spend getting dialysis as my kidneys were damaged by the myeloma. I'm still working, I'm still enjoying the work, and I think the breaks during the week have taken some load off of me so I can relax a tiny bit. Plans are in place to transition the lab, so that's in the works. Since this cancer is very treatable I'll continue to work as I see fit, and slowly cycle out in the next couple of years. BTW, I'm looking at getting into a clinical trial for something called CAR-T therapy. "It's the future!" according to my oncologist. So, yeah, at about 95yo I'm still working and having a good time. 😛
Well that sucks to say the least, sending prayers and good wishes your way Doug! I don't know you well, but if you are really about 95 years old and still doing this you deserve a lot of kudos for sure!

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Well that sucks to say the least, sending prayers and good wishes your way Doug! I don't know you well, but if you are really about 95 years old and still doing this you deserve a lot of kudos for sure!
I think he was pulling our legs on his age.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Believable though, I don't doubt there are 90 year and older techs still working out there.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yes, but if you look at the date of that post, it's from 1950...so he really is 90. lol :)

images.jpeg