Restorations Du Jour

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I dont usually show my work, mainly because most of it isnt that great.
Lets get critical...
I did have a nice photo to work from. Actual shade was close to A-4, but more orange. I missed the inc edge halo. Contour was off a bit. I used the mirror tool on exo, but the space was wider than #8. Coffee stained crack was giving me issues. I meant it to be longer and straight, but the frustration was getting me edgy and I was shaking a bit and just gave up. I do a lot of cases with those whiter enamel cracks. I add some on the first coat of glaze, but then I do a couple more coats of glaze to build up some glass, then add a few more cracks closer to the surface. I think in total I had 5 glaze bakes. The cervical brown stain I do think worked well.
Thanks to @rkm rdt for posting a stellar quality crown some where on here a couple months ago. He was showing a killer match to a 3D shade; that was what pushed me into getting the MiYo kit from Jensen.
I always struggle with the stained crack line. Do I make it the mirror image or slightly different?
This is where the colour scan comes in handy when the prepreparation scan is taken. I can just copy what they had.
If no scan, then I'll just wing it .Seeing the patient helps too. My hats off to those of you that just work from a pic.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Bread and butter! Ive been doing so many of these lately, not digitally though.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Why
Bread and butter! Ive been doing so many of these lately, not digitally though.
Why not, you serving a sentence of hard extra long labor, paying penance, keeping old school skills honed?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive offered to take cerec scans from the 2 drs that do most of this stuff, but after seeing the scans, Im glad they dont send them. I dont get any digital impressions, only have 2 accounts that have scanners and one doesnt even use it. Printing models would be a deviation and more labor than having someone else pour the model and scan it for me. I arrive at the same conclusion without a printed model= more money in my pocket. Even if it is a couple bucks. Id do these all day if I could.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Butter

Cast and opaqued UCLA with a FCZ crown #7
I'm doing the other side #10, I was able to take my own photos this time. I previously did #7 from their 2 photos sent. It's a little low value, an issue I have with Beyond Plus.

IMG_3135 - Copy.JPG

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Butter

Cast and opaqued UCLA with a FCZ crown #7
I'm doing the other side #10, I was able to take my own photos this time. I previously did #7 from their 2 photos sent. It's a little low value, an issue I have with Beyond Plus.

View attachment 38104
I am flabbergasted.

That's one of the smartest hacks I've ever seen.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Love the custom tab TI 2?

Close buddy, on the right track. Creation ZI SAB Inc tab. Their Incisal's tend to be a bit white/gray, unless you modify them.

D

Dental Noob

Reaction score
Hey y'all! finally made a crown I deemed DLN worthy...Let me know what you guys think Porcelain is InLine

UY0P4Nr.png

B6QiuYe.png

6Oczjk0.png

iXKkyZj.png

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Anatomy is nice, blend is good. Glaze is pitted, maybe just needs another thin coat. Looks like not seated all the way or bulky margins, or both. Nice work for a noob. ;)

D

Dental Noob

Reaction score
Beautiful anatomy and blend of porcelain.
The one pic that concerns me is the buccal view. It looks pitted , check it under x10.
Thank you so much!! Yeah I noticed that, any idea what could be causing the pitts? I just started using Inline

D

Dental Noob

Reaction score
Anatomy is nice, blend is good. Glaze is pitted, maybe just needs another thin coat. Looks like not seated all the way or bulky margins, or both. Nice work for a noob. ;)
Thank you so much means a lot!! :D Any idea why the glaze is pitted? Really appreciate the feedback, will work on bulky margins