Restorations Du Jour

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Nice looking Inc translucency and look..not grey, not white. What zirconia did you use, oh, pray tell :)
haha thank you! these are courtesy of @rc75
ETMLB1 milled, than stained and microlayered with Jensen Miyo. i honestly had a blast with the miyo on this one as i do on many i microlayer.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
thanks, thats a good idea. will give that a go on the next case! always looking to improve everything including presentation.
honestly wasnt super worried...if you see in the one pic the posteriors are all melting away, as the anteriors were too. these restorations were for a prior (or current) meth user. ew.
When you get a nice prep and retracted tissue, then the crowns will usually drop into place without much trimming. Of course that's in a perfect world.
This is why I love working from an IOS. I know some techs go modeless but I see it as painting a picture without placing it in a beautiful frame.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
When you get a nice prep and retracted tissue, then the crowns will usually drop into place without much trimming. Of course that's in a perfect world.
This is why I love working from an IOS. I know some techs go modeless but I see it as painting a picture without placing it in a beautiful frame.
man i want to pick your brain about that more. i have a handful more clients going digital and i want to be fully on board with them on their journey (more than i am now)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
man i want to pick your brain about that more. i have a handful more clients going digital and i want to be fully on board with them on their journey (more than i am now)

I agree, he's an incredible resource that I may be leaning on in the future as I get more IO cases.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I trained all my drs with my own intra oral scanner hoping they would buy their own someday and they did.
We worked out all the bugs and self induced screw ups and now I have a pretty smooth workflow. I have to say that I couldn't have done it without outsourcing to take advantage of the support and external technology/equipment.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Your avatar looks familiar car but I can't place the face. Dr. Jeckyl?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
nice one.
do you know who my character, actor and movie?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Isn't that the original Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame?
Who played him?

He reminds me of the blind man in Young Frankenstien.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That is the original Ygor from Son of Frankenstein. Played by none other than Bela Lugosi ( original dracula).
Mel Brooks parodied this movie in Young Frankenstein. It even has the dart scene with the one armed police chief.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We should take this conversation to the Halloween thread.

hagdent

hagdent

Reaction score
The Zr is Jensen XT and the porcelain is e.max Ceram layered with enamels only. I'm a one man lab, I do my own designing with Exocad but I outsource my milling.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
The Zr is Jensen XT and the porcelain is e.max Ceram layered with enamels only. I'm a one man lab, I do my own designing with Exocad but I outsource my milling.
Where do you outsource your milling?

hagdent

hagdent

Reaction score
I use Argen, Core 3d (which used to be Weiland),a local lab and occasionally Custom Milling Center.