Restorations Du Jour

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
At least 3 things I wish would have come out better. But, not to bad? Very little (no white) stain just a touch in the Inc 1/3rd and for the craze lines. Layered emax on an implant abutment. I also left out the little bump on #9 inc midline. They can eventually smooth that down.

1 better photos :)
2 I was trying to close the mid-line, and left it a little fuller. But, If I had tapered it more, would have had more of a black triangle. Longer distal Inc edge, as it looks tipped distally.
3 I needed more white opacity on the distal Inc 1/3rd

View attachment 43738
Doc kind of screwed ya on this one...he/she should of done a composite restoration on mesial of #9 that way you wouldn't of had to deal with that black triangle at all. Color is spot on though on middle/insical 1/3...cervical can't tell - shadow from lip.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
happy usl championship GIF by USL

D

Dental Noob

Reaction score
I think that’s pretty fantastic! I think 99% of docs would be 100% pleased. If I get picky, maybe #6 is a bit full at the gingiva 1/3, and too lingual on the incisal 1/3. But definitely just being picky. Really nice job! You’re hired!
Haha danggg now I can't stop seeing the bulky #6 😆 thank you so much y'all encourage me to keep going!!

D

Dental Noob

Reaction score
What is your glaze routine?
I'm still trying to figure that out!! Right now I'm experimenting with under glazing and polishing with a pink rubber wheel as per recommended by you guys. I'm trying to get that smooth satin finish but I can't seem to get it down right :/

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Doc sent me a pic from earlier in the year, thought Id share since I havent posted here in a while. Like the post a couple above, its easy to be picky when you see it in-situ, wouldve loved to neck the D gingival down a bit more, more cervical chroma, fine tune the white perikymata staining, tone down inc. orange.. but still getting used to the MIYO, I rarely get post op pics anymore. Not a slam dunk, but an easy layup.
9, nexxzr+/miyo

thumbnail_DSC_0112.jpg

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
That’s a good result. I agree with all your critiques, NOT criticisms
Was that layered or mono zirc, or lithium disclicate?
Nice work
If only they understood how much we appreciate a post op photo

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yes nice work.
It’s also good for Disturbed to see his pfms are still holding up in the posterior.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Doc sent me a pic from earlier in the year, thought Id share since I havent posted here in a while. Like the post a couple above, its easy to be picky when you see it in-situ, wouldve loved to neck the D gingival down a bit more, more cervical chroma, fine tune the white perikymata staining, tone down inc. orange.. but still getting used to the MIYO, I rarely get post op pics anymore. Not a slam dunk, but an easy layup.
9, nexxzr+/miyo

View attachment 44160
looks great!
can you tell us details of what you did?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
looks great!
can you tell us details of what you did?
Well this is white nexxzr+, colored with changs liquid (ice gray inc),not sure If I layered, Sometimes I will do a thin CLF layer to give it better fluorescence or adjust contour, but always full contour zr on inc. edge.
Zr is not very photogenic, I know I used snow Miyo on the white calc. and matched it like 8, but it is washed out in the picture, does not look the same in hand. When Im staining, it looks like overkill, like 10,11 in the picture, Im always afraid of overdoing the snow, but it does certainly lose intensity when fired. Its been mentioned before that the Ivocolor white holds up better to firing, and Id have to agree. Ive been using storm feathered on the incisal 1-2mm, and a thin line of cobalt to create the translucency, trans lumin on the edge sometimes to really make it pop, but I dont think I used much on this one.
After seeing it seated, 5 minutes of adjustment couldve made it perfect, unfortunately we rarely get the chance, and if it was seated, everyone, including me, is happy.

One last thing, this case is a perfect example of how interproximal staining, can make all the difference, you can see I went for it on the M of 9, and it matches pretty good, but you can see a sort of orange halo on D of 8, and its the reason the D of 9 looks overcontoured, even if it is actually a bit fatter. Most patients dont want staining, so its a balancing act.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Well this is white nexxzr+, colored with changs liquid (ice gray inc),not sure If I layered, Sometimes I will do a thin CLF layer to give it better fluorescence or adjust contour, but always full contour zr on inc. edge.
Zr is not very photogenic, I know I used snow Miyo on the white calc. and matched it like 8, but it is washed out in the picture, does not look the same in hand. When Im staining, it looks like overkill, like 10,11 in the picture, Im always afraid of overdoing the snow, but it does certainly lose intensity when fired. Its been mentioned before that the Ivocolor white holds up better to firing, and Id have to agree. Ive been using storm feathered on the incisal 1-2mm, and a thin line of cobalt to create the translucency, trans lumin on the edge sometimes to really make it pop, but I dont think I used much on this one.
After seeing it seated, 5 minutes of adjustment couldve made it perfect, unfortunately we rarely get the chance, and if it was seated, everyone, including me, is happy.

One last thing, this case is a perfect example of how interproximal staining, can make all the difference, you can see I went for it on the M of 9, and it matches pretty good, but you can see a sort of orange halo on D of 8, and its the reason the D of 9 looks overcontoured, even if it is actually a bit fatter. Most patients dont want staining, so its a balancing act.
outstanding sir! thank you for the details. it helps us all become better techs! you are an artist!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
ha! You should see the butterfly I did on the assistants crown last week.. 🤦‍♂️ Actually it turned out nice, I didnt take any pics though..

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
@RileyS and you would want to sell your lab, when you're doing work like this??!! Sorry, I can't let you do that, even though you said you'd stay on as an employee :)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Beautiful case, how much you open the vdo?...and I'm with the rest of the folks here's thinking... "and this guys wants to close his lab, doing this kind of work?".

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
grib.jpg

dr ?Is it possible to remake the recently made cement retained Implant crown at #7 longer approx 0.75-1 mm to match #10) from the design files ( w/out model). Pls let me know and do it if poss.

case was fabricated from itero scan - 5-14 FCZ