Resin compatibility with the Photon S

C

CraigDT

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to 3D printing, my Photon S arrived yesterday and I've got my resin arriving tomorrow.

Is the dentamodel resin by asiga compatible with the Photon S? I've been told that due to the different technologies of the printers it won't work as the Asiga is DLP and the Photon S is SLA.

Can anyone confirm the resin isn't compatible?

Im UK based otherwise I would of gone for the Anycubic dental resins.

Thanks in advance

Craig

MetalMachine

MetalMachine

Reaction score
Photon S uses wavelength 405nm. Asiga has printers using both 405nm and 385nm. Ask your reseller which wavelength the material is intended for. As far as I know some Asigas materials use only 385 and the others both 385 and 405.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to 3D printing, my Photon S arrived yesterday and I've got my resin arriving tomorrow.

Is the dentamodel resin by asiga compatible with the Photon S? I've been told that due to the different technologies of the printers it won't work as the Asiga is DLP and the Photon S is SLA.

Can anyone confirm the resin isn't compatible?

Im UK based otherwise I would of gone for the Anycubic dental resins.

Thanks in advance

Craig
I think you can do either one as long as you have open mesh slicer software that you can adjust the exposure time if you need to.

C

CraigDT

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

I tried printing the rerf file, the bottom layers printed at a higher exposure but the other layers sadly didn't.

I think the highest exposure layer was 12 for the other layers so it looks like I will have to try even higher than that.

I switched to the anycubic resins after the fail and that's working fine however I'm yet to try investing it. I'm not confident it will work but I'm going to give it a try before I play around with the dentamodel settings!

I will let you know how i get on when I get round to it! Unlikely to be anytime soon though...

Thanks again

Jenners

Jenners

Reaction score
I have the original Photon and have great results with ApplyLabWork resin. They have a dental tan resin as well as a modelling grey.

Top Bottom