Residential area dental lab??

R

Rocklexu

Reaction score
Hi

Just wanna know I can buy house and use as dental lab with 10 employee??

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just wanna know I can buy house and use as dental lab with 10 employee??
Maybe.

You'll need permission from the City/County Planners office for a zoning variance/waiver.

It's a lot easier to get in contact with them and see whst areas are already dual use and buy there as in my state we have to buy and then ask. Real nice huh?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Dittos on the 1st part of JMNs reply.

If it's a nice residential area, hopefully not. As a homeowner, I'd really have a hard time with all the extra traffic and commotion on my block, especially if I was retired.

R

Rocklexu

Reaction score

If it's a nice residential area, hopefully not. As a homeowner, I'd really have a hard time with all the extra traffic and commotion on my block, especially if I was retired.

R

Rocklexu

Reaction score
I will be next to commercial area 4 lane road

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe.

You'll need permission from the City/County Planners office for a zoning variance/waiver.

It's a lot easier to get in contact with them and see whst areas are already dual use and buy there as in my state we have to buy and then ask. Real nice huh?

To add to the above, when I registered my lab, I had to do so a 'manufacturer', with much more limitations where to allocate, than my friend's 'service' lab, with much more options! I tried to 'fool' the clerk into 'service', with no luck...

All depends on your city's code.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
To add to the above, when I registered my lab, I had to do so a 'manufacturer', with much more limitations where to allocate, than my friend's 'service' lab, with much more options! I tried to 'fool' the clerk into 'service', with no luck...

It does get interesting. My business license says 'Service', but I'm supposedly zoned as 'light industrial'.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It does get interesting. My business license says 'Service', but I'm supposedly zoned as 'light industrial'.

And you have to wear a hard hat to work every day :)

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score

And in our city we don't have to have a business license for the manufacturing portion of the lab, only for the repair portion.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
And in our city we don't have to have a business license for the manufacturing portion of the lab, only for the repair portion.
Correct. I don't have a business license... And, since I don't offer repairs, I won't get one either... :cool:

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So if you manufacture something you don't need to pay taxes to the city based on gross income like any other business? I guess the ship builders pushed that through a long time ago.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
So if you manufacture something you don't need to pay taxes to the city based on gross income like any other business? I guess the ship builders pushed that through a long time ago.
Actually there aren't any ship builders in Virginia Beach, but Stihl, who makes chainsaws and all kinds of other lawn equipment has a huge plant here and they don't have to have a business license. But trust me they get it other ways, like when the fire marshal comes to inspect once a year, you get to pay for the pleasure of his visit, and they charge by how many square feet your business is. It takes him less than 5 minutes to look around and we get to send the city fifty dollars every year.