Research Op-Anyone want to scan some models with Sirona Ineos x5 scanner? Or maybe another scanner?

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
We have a doc that works at a local university and wants to do a paper on scanner accuracy...

He mentioned: "We have 5 casts that we can scan (ranging from full teeth, missing some teeth and completely without teeth). We could do 10 scans per model per scanner, so that we can check repeatability/precision. Before starting a new model, we could calibrate the scanner, to establish a baseline."

At our lab we have the Medit Hybrid, D900L 3shape, 3M ESPE Lava Scan ST, and and Sirona inEos Blue.. the doc was also specifically wanting some scans with the Sirona inEOS x5.

Anyone who would be willing to scan some models with other scanners would be bonus.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We have a doc that works at a local university and wants to do a paper on scanner accuracy...

He mentioned: "We have 5 casts that we can scan (ranging from full teeth, missing some teeth and completely without teeth). We could do 10 scans per model per scanner, so that we can check repeatability/precision. Before starting a new model, we could calibrate the scanner, to establish a baseline."

At our lab we have the Medit Hybrid, D900L 3shape, 3M ESPE Lava Scan ST, and and Sirona inEos Blue.. the doc was also specifically wanting some scans with the Sirona inEOS x5.

Anyone who would be willing to scan some models with other scanners would be bonus.
@2thm8kr What ever happened to the barbell scans you were doing this with idea about February-ish year before, or maybe 2 years??

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
@2thm8kr What ever happened to the barbell scans you were doing this with idea about February-ish year before, or maybe 2 years??
The connection in the independent research facility is no longer with them. I don't even know where in the world the scan object is??
That's all I know.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
At the risk of being branded a boor, I was involved in this a few years back...

Attachments

• TheAccuracyofOpt_Chan.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
The ISO standard has a definitive way to test IO scanners. This was done recently to most of the available ones on the market. Two remarkable things were found...
1. Most IO scanners are actually very similar in accuracy.
2. IO scanners like straight lines..i.e. quadrant, going from #22-27, etc.. They lose accuracy drastically when they make a curve into a different quadrant, up to 300um in some instances of inaccuracy. Therefore, when it comes to large implant cases...stick with the impressions.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The ISO standard has a definitive way to test IO scanners. This was done recently to most of the available ones on the market. Two remarkable things were found...
1. Most IO scanners are actually very similar in accuracy.
2. IO scanners like straight lines..i.e. quadrant, going from #22-27, etc.. They lose accuracy drastically when they make a curve into a different quadrant, up to 300um in some instances of inaccuracy. Therefore, when it comes to large implant cases...stick with the impressions.
Dr wanted to scan cast models with various lab scanners. I'm no sure what the point of this is all about.
Scanning a model from a PVS doesn't tell you if the model ,scanner is accurate or the impressor is skilled.

C

camposds

Reaction score
I have an ineos X5. I’m away until the 11th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk