Rent Lab space from Dentist in finished basement separated from Dentist?

user name

user name

Reaction score
A youngish upstart Dentist bought out a retiring Dentist here. She made a deal with our biggest removable lab in town; not big, just for around here.
Lab moved into Dentists basement,no rent, remodeled to lab owners needs. Lab owner sold old location and paid off her house. Together, they put up a big sign...24 hour denture repair. Its on a high traffic road, and it sounds like theyre staying very busy. Dentist upstairs gets better service; lab still gets to do outside work.

Everyone seems happy so far.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
The 'need to move' is a question I'm looking at too if doc, associate, or staff member gets wound up about something.
But that's what a lease is for, right?

Finding something here between 200 sq ft and 2000 is a joke unless it's in a strip mall.
I'm not paying strip mall prices for rent. I need 0 visibility and that's what they are charging for.
Building I'm renting from now is for sale and needs upgrades. Lots of unknowns there.

It's not so much that this particular situation on offer is any better than another place. Just looking at an opportunity and getting feedback on it.
Depends on the lines of separation.
If they view you as an extension of their business, then no.
If you are wholly separate, no different than if a Bodega or nail salon rented the spot, then yes.
Make sure the lease is standard and on the up and up.