Renfert MT3 model trimmer

• Thread starter Old School Dentures
  • Start date
O

Old School Dentures

Reaction score
I want to get rid of my 12 inch handler model trimmer and get a renfert mt3 . Has anyone used the renfert and if so is the opening big enough to trim models on a articulator? The renfert is only a 10inch but the trimming window looks larger than the opening on the 12 inch handler. I hate handler , my trimmer is 4 yrs old but literally looks 30.... it has rusted unbelievably,including the screws that allow me to access trimming wheel

Any info would really be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
I'm currently using the renfert trimmer and I LOVE IT, the opening is wide enough for a small articulator though I never do that.
It's a breeze cleaning it or changing the disk, I've been using it for almost 2 years and it still looks new,

I have 3 rusty other brands laying around I need to get rid of.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Not to hijack your thread but 2 years ago we switched to a dry trimmer (ray foster model) and will never go back to a wet model. If you haven’t already there worth looking into imo...

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
If the rusty screws are an issue grab some stainless (allen) cap screws. Also buy a chinese knockoff diamond wheel and you will change it once every 5 years or so so the screws won't matter. That Renfert has a small mouth and excels at C&B models... smooth as glass.... buy holy hibux!

O

Old School Dentures

Reaction score
I'm currently using the renfert trimmer and I LOVE IT, the opening is wide enough for a small articulator though I never do that.
It's a breeze cleaning it or changing the disk, I've been using it for almost 2 years and it still looks new,

I have 3 rusty other brands laying around I need to get rid of.

Big enough to trim a chrome high arch articulator? My handler isn’t really big enough either but I manage, the opening is kinda square but The Renfert opening looks more 1/4 circle shape opening and larger than the handler

G

GarryB

Reaction score
We've been using the MT3 for a few years and love it. I wasn't convinced when the rep told us 5 of the Klettfix discs would last as long as a stone wheel but I would say they last longer.
They are so easy to change, just pop the front off with the clips, rip the old disk off, put the new disk onto the Velcro (this isn't your normal Velcro) and pop the front back on. It literally takes 2 minutes.
Cleaning is so easy also. Again it takes minutes.
The only thing that would possibly make me think again is if we went for a dry trimmer but as said IMO the MT3 is a fabulous trimmer.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Big enough to trim a chrome high arch articulator? My handler isn’t really big enough either but I manage, the opening is kinda square but The Renfert opening looks more 1/4 circle shape opening and larger than the handler

You need to stop grinding articulations... Who even does this?
Git'erdun when mounting. Brush up on technique!

O

Old School Dentures

Reaction score
You need to stop grinding articulations... Who even does this?
Git'erdun when mounting. Brush up on technique!

You must have a ton of time “Inna-hurry “or only do one articulation at a time if you stand around waiting for plaster to set and hand trim articulations,what a silly statement. The award for dumbest reply goes to you “inna-hurry”. Moron!