Removing titanium bar from Zirconia hybrid

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Hello, we have a problem with our Zirconia overbar hybrid cracking while trying to remove the titanium bar under 405 Celcius. Does anyone know what could have gone wrong during our process? Thank you!

20200827_134953.jpg 20200827_135038.jpg

F

Fane

Reaction score
different CTE?

Last edited:
G

grantoz

Reaction score
i would say that crack could have already been there before you fired it .why were you taking it apart. what zi was it . if you notice the crack runs right along all the hard angles of the bar.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
different CTE?

Yes, thats definitely a possibility

i would say that crack could have already been there before you fired it .why were you taking it apart. what zi was it . if you notice the crack runs right along all the hard angles of the bar.

We were trying to reuse it. We are using Katana multi layered. The crack was not there (or at least visible),but I think Fane could be correct with it having a different CTE

Any tips or advice moving forward would be much appreciated!

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Since there is a dark line along the crack that means bio matter got in that crack while in the patient's mouth. I think the crack was there before firing.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Since there is a dark line along the crack that means bio matter got in that crack while in the patient's mouth. I think the crack was there before firing.
Ahh I see. Thank you very much, that is a very good observation!

G

grantoz

Reaction score
also check what strength the katana zi is in the incisal 3rd i think you will find that is less than you think.how come millennium got a good observation for seeing the crack but you wanted to argue with me that it wasnt there in the mouth when i said it 1st talk about a tuff crowd..

Top Bottom