removing Ti base

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
ok so that moment has come where a Dr wants a screw retained crown added to....and i cant for the life of me get the crown off of the Ti base.
HELP!
suggestions anyone?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Not official, but seems to work well:

Base Temp: 400C / 752F
Dry Time: 6 minutes
Rate of Rise: 60C / 140F
High Temp: 600C / 1112F
Hold: 2 minutes
Vacuum On: 400C / 752F
Vacuum Off: 600C / 1112F

This works well, but I can't guarantee the TiBase won't be oxidized. If it doesn't just come apart, put in the Ultrasonic for 2 minutes, that will loosen the "dust" from the cement allow it to slip apart.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
ok so that moment has come where a Dr wants a screw retained crown added to....and i cant for the life of me get the crown off of the Ti base.
HELP!
suggestions anyone?

Just had this happen too. Here's what worked for me:
Place restoration in a burnout oven 500 deg F for 1-2 hours, then let cool to room temp. Then ultrasonic with heat for 20 min. You may be able to get it apart by hand, but I found that I needed to screw the base down and use a little "muscle" (prying, tapping, throwing against wall) to get it apart.
This was for Cubex2 to Ti base w/ ivoclar multilink. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
thank you both for tips. will be trying this all weekend lol

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Just had this happen too. Here's what worked for me:
Place restoration in a burnout oven 500 deg F for 1-2 hours, then let cool to room temp. Then ultrasonic with heat for 20 min. You may be able to get it apart by hand, but I found that I needed to screw the base down and use a little "muscle" (prying, tapping, throwing against wall) to get it apart.
This was for Cubex2 to Ti base w/ ivoclar multilink. Good luck!

I think throwing it against the wall what made the trick "we have separation":)

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Leave the muffle open slightly and heat it at idle. It should take about 10 mins to burn off the cement....not 2 hours.

Agreed. We have the most success with putting it in our porcelain furnace ~400F for 10-15 mins. Minimal oxidation but it seems hard to avoid at temp. Good luck!

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
I think you call it a soldering iron (?) , un fer à souder ou à décoller …. :confused:

No Tibase oxyded, no contamination inside my furnace, no damaged screw and I control what I do , I use that and I can also repair my equipment ! Laugh

I prefer the variable temp model for "Pro" …..

wesd51d.jpg

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Leave the muffle open slightly and heat it at idle. It should take about 10 mins to burn off the cement....not 2 hours.
tried that for an hour. nothing.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
And they called my method overkill :)

corona

corona

Reaction score
sideshow.... its inevitable and useful.... .make a program on your porcelain furnace oven just for tibase removal . mine is set for 40 degress a minute up to 550 and hold for 10 minutes . slow cool down to 300 . oven temps will vary . some come right off ... some dont ...those that don't .... screw back into model or if you have extra model analogs then screw to that and gently pull / torque up . cheers .

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I just heatsoke it around 1200f for 20 min. Also made a special tool that houses a analog and screw the crown in and use some hemostats to pull them apart.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

S

Solaris01

Reaction score
Just get an analog and screw it to the Ti base, hit the end of the anolg on the bottom while holding it with a plier. Aim it at a towel other wise your crown will fly away.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Yeah seriously stick it in at idle (if your idle is 400c) for 10 minutes. tap it out. Easy as pie.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah seriously stick it in at idle (if your idle is 400c) for 10 minutes. tap it out. Easy as pie.

That is exactly my technique, too. You can even go as low as 350c.

M

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
will give it all a whirl and report back shortly!

user name

user name

Reaction score
If you have a Ti with oxidation, blast with baking soda. It tends to cake, so I wouldn't fill a hopper, just run to a hobby store and grab a gravity feed air brush.