Removing oxide from a pre-polished milled bridge frame

olwyn

olwyn

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have a way to remove the oxide from the pre polished surfaces on a non precious milled bridge frame, after firing the porcelain. I was wondering if it can be pickled like you would after soldering a gold crown.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have a way to remove the oxide from the pre polished surfaces on a non precious milled bridge frame, after firing the porcelain. I was wondering if it can be pickled like you would after soldering a gold crown.
If you mean like polish a metal collar?

I always used a silicone wheel after a soft blue metal high shine rubber wheel

Blue wheel gets the metal pretty and siicone polishes both metal and porc if you have a thin spot, halfmoon holder, or holder dot that you cannot polish without mucking up the porc.

olwyn

olwyn

Reaction score
If you mean like polish a metal collar?

I always used a silicone wheel after a soft blue metal high shine rubber wheel

Blue wheel gets the metal pretty and siicone polishes both metal and porc if you have a thin spot, halfmoon holder, or holder dot that you cannot polish without mucking up the porc.
Thanks but what I'm looking for is a way of removing most of the built up oxide layer without touching it, so you only have to lightly buff up the original polished surface again. I'm talking about areas like metal palatals, and the interproximal connectors on a bridge.

Top Bottom