Remove try-in paste

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Is there a product to easily remove try-in paste from a pick-up impression? I hate getting the stuff out of the crowns. Thanks

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
I steam it out or alcohol on a q tip or if it is real tough sandblast as a last resort.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If it is silicone based, good old soap and water works like a charm.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Tried alcohol. Tried soap and water. Tried ultrasonic. Can't seem to get them really clean w/o blasting them. Drives me more nuts than I already am!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Is it GC try in paste?

download.jpg

A small amount of this, hot water and a tooth brush.

Last edited:
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Good point. I ought to find out what brand it is and ask the manufacturer what they recommend. Duh.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Any orange based solvent takes it out.

Try-in pastes are so 90's

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I've tossed 'em in the burnout at ~600c for a few minutes. Gets out cement too, just dont forget it's in there or it'll darken some after about 1hr if porc work is on it.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Any orange based solvent takes it out.

Try-in pastes are so 90's

Thanks John, hadn't tried that.

And whats wrong wth the 90's? At least we got rid of big 80's hair with 1part hair:3parts hair spray.

C'mon, in spite of or because of the hair, the 80's were way more fun! Way more up beat, enthusiastic and hopeful.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
C'mon, in spite of or because of the hair, the 80's were way more fun! Way more up beat, enthusiastic and hopeful.
Don't forget reckless and irresponsible, or was that just me?

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
It was the 80's.
Hard to believe some on this forum weren't even around for it! How's that make you feel???

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey, I really enjoyed the 80's, just couldn't stand the hairspray's smell. Cement mixers, StarWars, Tron, "The bombing Starts in 5 minutes", Michael Jackson and Richard Pryor both lighting themselves on fire for a bigger high in either popularity or phamacolgy. Atari, Pacman, Nintendo, Arcades, Great music...

It was the 80's.
Hard to believe some on this forum weren't even around for it! How's that make you feel???
Yeah, I keep explaing my jokes and references to my daughter ('89) and explaining Superman's phone booth to my grandson will be impossible.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Don't forget reckless and irresponsible, or was that just me?
Actually, it WAS just you. ;)

... Atari, Pacman, Nintendo, Arcades, Great music...

Yeah, I keep explaing my jokes and references to my daughter ('89) and explaining Superman's phone booth to my grandson will be impossible.

A local shop has a phone booth with a superman mannequin inside. And donkey kong.

Top Bottom