Removables Shipping box size

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all

Just wondering what size boxes you have found to be the most practical for shipping your removable casework.
I don't want to fill half the box with foam and bubbles to make it transport safe, but it still needs to be able to hold all the associated stuff that leads to a denture, so I'm really unsure and don't want to end up with 100 boxes too big or too small to be realistic.

6x3x3?
8x4x4?
8x7x5?
Something else?
Have you found something less generic that works well?

Any input welcome, but I'll be offline the rest of the day and most of tomorrow.
Just don't want it to seem I'm ignoring.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
If you’re just delivering cases yourself then I would 86 most of the filler and go with a smaller box. If you’re shipping through one of the various choices then I recommend having as much filler to protect whats being shipped.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If you’re just delivering cases yourself then I would 86 most of the filler and go with a smaller box. If you’re shipping through one of the various choices then I recommend having as much filler to protect whats being shipped.
Absolute agreement.

I would be handing them off to UPS for areas that are too far of a drive.

Just trying to find which size would be all that I need for a slightly large than average case, knowing it won't be able to fit the largest-any-case-you-can-imagine, but the vast majority. Just not wanting to use 15 sheets of bubble wrap per box to fill it suffiencently just because I was an idiot and went with a overly generous internal cavity. Also I know that if it needs a lot of filling, most offices will not fill it properly.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Are you dropping them in a ups drop box, make sure the box dimensions fit into the slot. I can measure mine.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Are you dropping them in a ups drop box, make sure the box dimensions fit into the slot. I can measure mine.
The slot accepts up to abut 15x8x6 if you max it. Eh hem, yeah...
But I've also UPS store close and the driver is in the building most days as well.

I'd really appreciate that, thank you.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
They are 7*5*4. Length , width, height. Only once or twice I’ve had to pack one case in two
Boxes due to multiple models and what not. Fits well in the drop box even when I tape two boxes together side by side to make one shipment but multiple cases.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
The slot accepts up to abut 15x8x6 if you max it. Eh hem, yeah...
But I've also UPS store close and the driver is in the building most days as well.

I'd really appreciate that, thank you.
My box size fits perfectly. Anything taller just won’t fit. Learned lesson the hard way. Just cause they say it will fit, doesn’t really mean it will.

I should say they will fit in the door of the box but will not drop down.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Keep in mind Not so much the size of the box, but how you place the prosthesis in there.
Cold months, they are wrap them carfully in bubble pack plus foam fillers. On the outside, being
I ship with UPS. They are double bagged in the UPS bubble packaging.
Summer months. One bubble pack, one normal bag. By double bagging, it allows the client
a bag to send back in.