Remakes and Shade changing pricing!

H

Holmes1722

Reaction score
Would like to know everyone's policy and thoughts on charging for remakes and shade charges.

3 examples to answer -

Single Zirconia crown. Fractures 2 months after fitting. Fee for remaking?

Single anterior.1st crown isn't correct, Dentist re preps and requests a shade change? Fee?

Implant bridge. 2 custom abutments and a 3 unit zir bridge. Digitally scanned but turns out the scan marker/flag wasn't fully seated first time around. Remake the 3 unit using the existing abutments. Fee applied?

My old work charged 30% for a shade change. Generally completed remakes free of charge irrespective of whos fault it was for being re made.
Sometimes feel as if we just bend over and take 1 for the team! Annoys the **** outta me . Thoughts???

Affinity

Affinity

Reaction score
5 year warranty on zirconia and emax if they break. Free remake.
Reprep and new impression, 50% charge.
Dr. takes bad impression with scanbody not in place, I might charge full price on the one unit remake, maybe the abutment also if it needs remade.
Shade change, no charge. Bill for the hassle up front with fees for custom shades, single central, larger cases etc.

These discussions need to be had with each client, so that they understand, beforehand, what will be billed in some of these scenarios. Also you need terms and conditions signed by the client, so that there isnt a fee that they dont understand. These relationship$ can last decades if you nurture them and have mutual understanding, but if you try to hide behind remake fees, without discussing them, they could go elsewhere eventually, even if they are the cause. Remaking cases for free makes the client less diligent with their impressions, bites, shade-taking, they need to be held accountable too. I charge 50% because I feel like its a give and take.. dont waste my time or money and I will try not to waste yours. If you charge a high enough fee , then I think a lot of these things should be taken care of on the house, rather than nickel and dimed in remake fees. Its ultimately about the relationship with each client. Most Drs just want you to stand behind your work, but are willing to pay for it being done right, but its tough to place blame on a Dr, because they can give it right back to you...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
and to add on to what Affinity said....if you see ANY issues with a scan/impression/prep/etc you make the phone call. you absolutely have to. if they approve proceeding with it as-is you have grounds for charging on those remakes/adjustments. just blindly accepting work and fudging things is an issue and will set you up for dealing with these headaches.

Top Bottom