Reline issues

N

nickate

Reaction score
I certainly see the utility of the vents, but the running out from material selection issues would be a fear point for the dds's.
Maybe they should send the patient to Affordable or Aspen where they can handle a reline....

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I only do 2-3 a month, but never have any issues, that I know of anyways.. But thats great info for the Docs thanks! I used to do mine on a jig, now I use a flask with GC pour, I might start using something else though, its tricky to control the bubbles.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I only do 2-3 a month, but never have any issues, that I know of anyways.. But thats great info for the Docs thanks! I used to do mine on a jig, now I use a flask with GC pour, I might start using something else though, its tricky to control the bubbles.
We inject all full dentures using Ivocap. You can also microwave them.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Ive been using ivocap for the past several years, the GC pour matches the preference exactly. I think I will be going with the microwave flask soon, but i just worry about what an old denture cooked in a microwave will smell like.. actually Im pretty sure I know what it will smell like.. Puke

D

David Laville

Reaction score

I started pouring relines because it was faster and easier. Even though they came out perfect the dentist were having fit issues. I switched back to heat processing and haven't had an issue yet.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Just a little food for thought with the vent holes..... If you've ever done a reline on a jig using doughy acrylic..... there are no vent holes in the denture.... and the reline works.... and the jig fully seats.... every time..... Some Dr's. don't know their materials and need band aids to help be successful. Jus' sayin'.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How were you pouring? In hydrocolloid? Ive got a mixer, Ive just never tried doing a reline that way..

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
How were you pouring? In hydrocolloid? Ive got a mixer, Ive just never tried doing a reline that way..
Pour the model teeth down. Don't separate. Grind back the excess on the model trimmer leaving a 2+mm border to hold the model still in the hydrocolloid. Don't separate.
Cut back the impression material to a reasonable point if it needs it.
Invest in a pour flask just like a wax tryin going to finish.
Wait for hydrocolloid
Take them out of the flask.
separate, prepare the denture and the model.
You probably knew most of that, but you certainly know the rest.

The biggest catch, you must be able to have enough thickness of impression material and denture base to be able to cut back a sufficient amount that the acrylic will flow well.
This will bite you in the rear mostly at the vault area as it changes least and will always need excess reduction for flawless pouring.

Personally, I've never felt it was any faster, and it has some more things that can go sideways that verticulators and denture flasks don't.

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
Just a little food for thought with the vent holes..... If you've ever done a reline on a jig using doughy acrylic..... there are no vent holes in the denture.... and the reline works.... and the jig fully seats.... every time..... Some Dr's. don't know their materials and need band aids to help be successful. Jus' sayin'.
Jig is purely mechanical fit. You can crank it down with no pt discomfort. That being said, We only due a palatal vent with deep palates and tall ridges.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Jig is purely mechanical fit. You can crank it down with no pt discomfort. That being said, We only due a palatal vent with deep palates and tall ridges.
I was angling toward the proper viscosity impression material as being crucial to success.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I have found it much easier when doing relines to just cut the palate out altogether....