Reline composite for custom temps

• Thread starter Brett Hansen CDT
  • Start date
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We mill our temps from PMMA discs. Can Voco's structure 3 composite be used to reline them when the doctor delivers the temps after prepping?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
contains methacrylate.. can't find anything on it other than re-bonding, run a test on it

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Any cartridge based temp material CAN stick to milled PMMA when a PMMA to composite bonder is used, We suggest Visio_link from bredent

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I've seen the past few years that it's lost on some, PMMA is not some new space age material invented for C&B milling pucks. It stands for Poly-Methyl-Meth-Acrylate. In short, acrylic. The same stuff that assistants we're making temporaries with splint suckdowns in the office for decades.

Therefore whatever "reliner" that is indicated for acrylic will work for PMMA. On the other hand, if you are limiting yourself to a composite "reliner", as John Wilson has said, you will need a composite-to-resin bonding agent for them to stick together.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure they have half a bottle of yellowed 20year old monomer they bought once sitting in the cardboard can in the back of the cabinet to go with the Jet Powder.

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure they have half a bottle of yellowed 20year old monomer they bought once sitting in the cardboard can in the back of the cabinet to go with the Jet Powder.
Who doesnt? I threw away the jet acrylic in bioform shades to end up buying more jet acrylic a few years later after I couldn't really find anything that worked better.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Who doesnt? I threw away the jet acrylic in bioform shades to end up buying more jet acrylic a few years later after I couldn't really find anything that worked better.

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I this what ivoclar switched to after telio lab? telio lab never handled that well for me.