Reline after Delivery

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
You dont have to send the model you flasked.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yeah, I meant it in the figurative sense. More of a let's not argue over it.
It's never been you style anyway.
th

F

fschmitz1

Reaction score
I was just curious what everyone does in the situation in which you complete a full standard denture (injection) and deliver the finished denture to the dentist...who then returns it immediately stating there was inadequate suction and requires a reline. (no issues at last try-in; i.e. no wash impression included etc.)

Do you do the reline at no charge? Charge 100%? Charge 50%? Assume a middle of the road account, not your biggest and not your lowest.

Thanks!
I think it depends on the impression sometimes you know it's going to be relined if the doctor is incapable of doing any better

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Since it was injected, and if the original impression looked good, the most likely suspect is that the patient's tissue was puffy when the impression was taken, and when the denture was delivered the tissue had receded, therefore a loose denture. I'd remake for free.
How do you stay in business? What could you have done differently to guarantee the success of this case? Your work was completed to the supplied model/imp. A complete remake for free? WOW. I could see a n/c reline but a complete start from scratch new case?!?!? Dr. would probably like a different shade too... haha

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
How do you stay in business? What could you have done differently to guarantee the success of this case? Your work was completed to the supplied model/imp. A complete remake for free? WOW. I could see a n/c reline but a complete start from scratch new case?!?!? Dr. would probably like a different shade too... haha
I misspoke, I would injection reline it for free.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I misspoke, I would injection reline it for free.
I overheard some Dr whine his way into a 50% for a reline after six months on a max horseshoe with 4 Locators.

One of the times I'm thankful I chose to stay on the bench as my path (chose here being a euphemism for damned near croaked),and not ownership or management.
I just couldn't resist the need to verbally choke the sh*t out of them.
I had to take a deep breath after typing that.
Really jerks my chain.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
When I get the case in I examine the impression/model. You can tell if there's nothing to hold on to (flat ridges). Sometimes the denture with not hold no matter what you do. I've been lucky that most of my dentists would pay full price for the reline, but if they were to send one back like yours I would probably offer 50% off if it doesn't fit at delivery as a good will gesture. I usually do a freebie once a year anyway as an appreciation kind of thing.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I had one call this week questioning a reline charge we did...on a immediate denture!!! I finally get them to do Alveolarplasty's (especially on maxillary anterior) then they want a break on the reline...I'm going to run out of beer at this rate. Cheers fellas :)