Reline after Delivery

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
I was just curious what everyone does in the situation in which you complete a full standard denture (injection) and deliver the finished denture to the dentist...who then returns it immediately stating there was inadequate suction and requires a reline. (no issues at last try-in; i.e. no wash impression included etc.)

Do you do the reline at no charge? Charge 100%? Charge 50%? Assume a middle of the road account, not your biggest and not your lowest.

Thanks!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If your fees are set high enough then you can afford to reline n/c.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
guess you're eating it.Dontknow

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I was just curious what everyone does in the situation in which you complete a full standard denture (injection) and deliver the finished denture to the dentist...who then returns it immediately stating there was inadequate suction and requires a reline. (no issues at last try-in; i.e. no wash impression included etc.)

Do you do the reline at no charge? Charge 100%? Charge 50%? Assume a middle of the road account, not your biggest and not your lowest.

Thanks!
Does this happen often? It should be exceedingly rare, so rare it wouldn't hurt anything to freebie. If it keeps happening especially with one office, there's something to investigate.

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
Does this happen often? It should be exceedingly rare, so rare it wouldn't hurt anything to freebie. If it keeps happening especially with one office, there's something to investigate.
Good advice. I don't recall it happening with this office, we'll keep an eye out.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
You could always do the no fault 50% charge.
IMO a fit issue land squarely on the clinic.
Improper tissue managment and poor impressing are beyond your control

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Do you return a model with the denture?

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Hmmm....No wash impression? how do you do a reline without one?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You could always do the no fault 50% charge.
IMO a fit issue land squarely on the clinic.
Improper tissue managment and poor impressing are beyond your control
It's probably wise to avoid the phrase "no fault" with a large number of dentists...

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Hmmm....No wash impression? how do you do a reline without one?

I think he meant there was no wash impression done at the try in stage. Therefore they must have been happy with the fit at try in.

If they were a good account and didn’t have this probably regularly then I’d probably do the reline at no charge. If it became a more frequent problem then you will have to decide how to proceed at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
It's probably wise to avoid the phrase "no fault" with a large number of dentists...
Yeah, I meant it in the figurative sense. More of a let's not argue over it.

J

Jay

Reaction score
I think he meant there was no wash impression done at the try in stage. Therefore they must have been happy with the fit at try in.

If they were a good account and didn’t have this probably regularly then I’d probably do the reline at no charge. If it became a more frequent problem then you will have to decide how to proceed at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sage advise.

Denture technicians know when there’s a short impression, or there’s a potential leak. I have decent relationships with my clients. Some I feel more comfortable with that others. When I see something that won’t work, I call all of them. It takes the blame off of me.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Since it was injected, and if the original impression looked good, the most likely suspect is that the patient's tissue was puffy when the impression was taken, and when the denture was delivered the tissue had receded, therefore a loose denture. I'd remake for free.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Since it was injected, and if the original impression looked good, the most likely suspect is that the patient's tissue was puffy when the impression was taken, and when the denture was delivered the tissue had receded, therefore a loose denture. I'd remake for free.
Yep. BP meds change, spicy/salty meal, 1st am appt for tryin, last pm for delivery... al kinds of options for hard to track reasons.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
Do you return a model with the denture?

What?!? If there is an unbroken model after breakout there was obviously no undercut. I do not return that model but I save it so if/when they call I have it to refer to. ALWAYS suggest the pt wear for 48hrs. as things "settle". Usually does the trick. Never let the pt leave without their new denture in the hole saying "It's loose". Dr. is not running the show if they let the pt call the shots.