Reimagine monolithic with the MiYO® Esthetic System!

CreativeTech

CreativeTech

Ratings
28 1
I wasn't sure which MIYO thread to put this in, so I'll leave it here.

Yesterday a doc was placing an anterior bridge with two pontics, one of which was #10 being a recent extraction. That area was shy of good compression so I needed to add a bit. Not wanting to effect surface texture, lustre, or value, I knew I had to fire way under my normal add-on temp. So I pulled out Structure Enamel & mixed in a little A & B shades till I achieved my desired chroma and added where needed, about 1mm. Fired to 800c with a 20 sec hold & it came out perfect. Created just enough compression and blended in with the rest of the porcelain just as though it was part of the original build, & since it was fired so low there was absolutely no effect to the rest of the ceramic. I suppose I should mention this was a PFM bridge layered with Creation CC. I didn't know if it would work, but now I do. And so do you.

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
I wasn't sure which MIYO thread to put this in, so I'll leave it here.

Yesterday a doc was placing an anterior bridge with two pontics, one of which was #10 being a recent extraction. That area was shy of good compression so I needed to add a bit. Not wanting to effect surface texture, lustre, or value, I knew I had to fire way under my normal add-on temp. So I pulled out Structure Enamel & mixed in a little A & B shades till I achieved my desired chroma and added where needed, about 1mm. Fired to 800c with a 20 sec hold & it came out perfect. Created just enough compression and blended in with the rest of the porcelain just as though it was part of the original build, & since it was fired so low there was absolutely no effect to the rest of the ceramic. I suppose I should mention this was a PFM bridge layered with Creation CC. I didn't know if it would work, but now I do. And so do you.
Thanks for sharing Danny, we're hearing alot about how MiYO Structure is really helping with last minute fixes, awesome! I know every furnace is different but we're firing Structure between 710-720c consistently, with nice results, you might be able to go quite a bit lower than 800 and still get a great result!? As far as the PFM part, this is my face right now, lol. It's strictly a CTE concern, nothing else as MiYO's CTE is about 2-3 points lower than Creation but glad it worked out! You'd know right away if it didn't!

Attachments

S

sirmorty

Ratings
112 4
Not trying to be an ass.

But when I started looking at crowns under magnification I noticed some specs in my finished zirconia. Being a white spot from sintering or black spec from who knows where.

I believe it was from the wheels being used to adjust the crown. They left a residue even though I was steaming them before finishing.

I sandblast now at a very low bar. I know Jensen says not to but I just don't understand how how you can break the surface tension on the adjusted areas without it.

K

KIM

Ratings
335 2
Not trying to be an ass.

But when I started looking at crowns under magnification I noticed some specs in my finished zirconia. Being a white spot from sintering or black spec from who knows where.

I believe it was from the wheels being used to adjust the crown. They left a residue even though I was steaming them before finishing.

I sandblast now at a very low bar. I know Jensen says not to but I just don't understand how how you can break the surface tension on the adjusted areas without it.
I totally get what you're saying about sandblasting sirmorty....If you're comfortable with it, go for it. It has nothing to do with MiYO, but we are hearing reports of it weakening 5Y ("Super translucent") Zirconia so we just want people to be aware. Again, you know what's working and what's not in your world so no worries on our end....

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Ratings
127 3
I totally get what you're saying about sandblasting sirmorty....If you're comfortable with it, go for it. It has nothing to do with MiYO, but we are hearing reports of it weakening 5Y ("Super translucent") Zirconia so we just want people to be aware. Again, you know what's working and what's not in your world so no worries on our end....
Agreed. I sandblast all my zirconia in non-functional areas. Helps to break up surface tension for application.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Ratings
9,457 254
I am looking for a light cure additive that I can use chairside with MIYO.
If there is no such thing then Jenson needs to invent a light cured additive for the glaze paste.

K

kmart

Ratings
Dont know if I should post this here or start a Miyo thread but here goes! some of my recent miyo cases

IMG_0340.JPG IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_3065.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG
IMG_3125.JPG
this wasn't my wax up... different lab waxed this case and doc wanted it copied

IMG_3149.JPG IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3182.JPG

IMG_3186.JPG IMG_3214.JPG

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,523 29
Dont know if I should post this here or start a Miyo thread but here goes! some of my recent miyo cases

View attachment 30285 View attachment 30286

View attachment 30287

View attachment 30288
View attachment 30289
this wasn't my wax up... different lab waxed this case and doc wanted it copied

View attachment 30290 View attachment 30291

View attachment 30292

View attachment 30293 View attachment 30294
very nicely done!
question: how are you removing crowns from the model before firing them?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,523 29
glaze them on the peg using putty
im talking structure and coloring material. especially on multiple units i prefer doing the work all at once on the model as opposed to one crown at a time. the difficulty is being able to handle them afterward

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Ratings
9,457 254
im talking structure and coloring material. especially on multiple units i prefer doing the work all at once on the model as opposed to one crown at a time. the difficulty is being able to handle them afterward
You probably would have to create a handle in your cad design then.
I've done it before but freehand is quite simple with full contour.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Ratings
1,523 29
You probably would have to create a handle in your cad design then.
I've done it before but freehand is quite simple with full contour.
what ive been doing is working on the sectioned model. since 95% or more of the structure is on the facials and incisals, i push out the die when im done, grab the crown on the contact areas with college pliers, and then put it on a peg

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!