Redwing 1/4 Bench Lathe needs repair

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
My bench lathe decided not to work anymore. Who can I call to get it repaired?

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
I had one rebuilt a few years ago with new bearings and the motor rewound. It works great but was costly. My advice is to get a new one. The old one works awesome but it looks like a turd. At least a new one looks good for not much more money.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
First try a new switch. Then buy one (a motor) offa ebay. Gunna cost more to fix than buy a diffrent lump.

Last edited:
Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
The shop that rebuilt mine specializes in electric motors and such. Look for a shop that does electrical engineering.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Agree with the last 2 posts. About every 4-5 year I have to have the motor to my central suction rebuilt. Usually it's bearing, sometimes it needs more. The local electrical repair shop does a great job and he makes it look like new.

Garland Dental Services

Garland Dental Services

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hi @Davesgone. You've gotten some good advice, and I imagine you'll be able to find a service company local to you to help you get up and running. That said, if you would like any help trouble-shooting it, or if you need any help with parts, please give us a call at 1-800-981-6414. One of the techs'll be happy to help you.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i was going to advise Garland, happy to see they beat me to it!