Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
probably my vpn if thats the case

Accutech

Accutech

Reaction score
Very interesting concept. I can see it being more useful in a dental office where an assistant can be quickly trained to finalize a design and print a temp or mill a final crown.
Took it for a quick spin. It was little longer than claimed one minute but overall quite impressive.
Serious question though, my Amann Girrbach Ceramill mind (exocad) already does all this. What am I missing? Where is the benefit. Chat gpt crown?

Attachments

• 44DD4388-1F59-4D97-83B1-68DFCE0CE029.jpeg
    44DD4388-1F59-4D97-83B1-68DFCE0CE029.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 30
  • FBA110D3-D310-42BB-9375-639394F7B544.jpeg
    FBA110D3-D310-42BB-9375-639394F7B544.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 71ABCD77-BEF4-4790-BAE6-BC6077D685FD.jpeg
    71ABCD77-BEF4-4790-BAE6-BC6077D685FD.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 30
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
What am I missing? Where is the benefit. Chat gpt crown?
Yeah, there's the push to get rid of middle men (aka labs),now it seems axsis is fully on board with it. Like it or not, AI will join into dental production sooner than later. The more you support these kinds of things the faster you'll be sidelined, position yerself accordingly Deal

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Very interesting concept. I can see it being more useful in a dental office where an assistant can be quickly trained to finalize a design and print a temp or mill a final crown.
Took it for a quick spin. It was little longer than claimed one minute but overall quite impressive.
Serious question though, my Amann Girrbach Ceramill mind (exocad) already does all this. What am I missing? Where is the benefit. Chat gpt crown?
Axsys is invested in Dentbird for one reason: Dentbird has a defined growth target and route to full automated design.

that is to say they know what they want to do, they have deadlines, and they know how they want to grow.

3shape has had the same crown AI software for going on 6 years now, and have said exactly nothing about how they plan to grow the platform.

Dentbird has shown us how they want to grow, and given us their internal deadlines for rollouts of new features.

later in 2023 will be the implant AI, a huge update to the platform to allow users with specific scan bodies to upload implant scans and work on both abutment and crown design.

the next target beyond singles is larger casework.

and so forth, until you have a completely functional AI design software that rivals human competition not just for quality but far outpaces humans for speed.

imagine going to the dentist for a full mouth case, the dr scans both arches and is able to print a temp and install it within the hour.

we're kinda close to that now. we can rapid print objects. we can't rapid design objects yet. nobody can turn that kind of case around today.

thing is, it isn't a pipedream either, with Dentbird's model, this may be a thing as soon as 2026, i.e. next week.

A2WILLDO

A2WILLDO

Reaction score
imagine going to the dentist for a full mouth case, the dr scans both arches and is able to print a temp and install it within the hour

I think I'd rather imagine living out the rest of my years without any medical professional telling me something is going to be "Installed" on my body.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I think I'd rather imagine living out the rest of my years without any medical professional telling me something is going to be "Installed" on my body.
its nice to think about, but far from reality for millions of people

between new joints like hips and knees, to smaller devices like catheters, pacemakers and stents, diabetic monitors, tracheal devices in smokers, gastric sleeves for those trying to lose weight, replacement organs or access to organs (like kidney access for dialysis) there are literally hundreds of things we have to install in people to live. some new teeth are just one thing that can be made.

the highest cause of death is heart failure so theres a good chance you'll get a pacemaker or stent put in in the next 20 years.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
its nice to think about, but far from reality for millions of people

between new joints like hips and knees, to smaller devices like catheters, pacemakers and stents, diabetic monitors, tracheal devices in smokers, gastric sleeves for those trying to lose weight, replacement organs or access to organs (like kidney access for dialysis) there are literally hundreds of things we have to install in people to live. some new teeth are just one thing that can be made.

the highest cause of death is heart failure so theres a good chance you'll get a pacemaker or stent put in in the next 20 years.
There is absolutely no need for any of those medical interventions listed if the subject lives a healthy life avoiding degenerative diseases, period... Bird

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
There is absolutely no need for any of those medical interventions listed if the subject lives a healthy life avoiding degenerative diseases, period... Bird
ah yes i forgot the old hungarian saying, eat good food so you dont have genetically defective children. /s

"avoid" degenerative diseases? like you can't be born missing an arm or kidney? or with crohns, a cleft palate, or born blind/deaf?

even healthy people get hit by cars or break their legs and need titanium inserts to hold bones together. happens all the time. healthy people have fires, get lung damage and live on oxygen. they stick a thing in your nose when that happens, called a Nasal trumpet. makes it so your sinuses don't collapse while on oxygen. healthy people work in jobs that can also have dangerous chemicals and exposures, over time even with good ppe exposure can do more than just create localized immunoallergenic responses. exposure to 3d printer resins can cause sterility. all the people - dental techs - over covid who "didn't believe in masks" can ask themselves if gloves and masks are sufficient protection against that risk or don't they believe the warning labels?

there is a need for blood, even if you refuse to ignore how prevalent disabilities and invasive surgeries are, and if you don't donate blood i'm questioning how much of a bubble you have to be living in.

in the land where guns are legal, healthy people can get shot just like everyone else. stray bullets can be caught just out for a jog.

if they break a bone or puncture a kidney you would tell me you'd refuse an implant of any kind?