Recommendations for good 3dPrinter

M

Mathew M

Reaction score
Formlabs got 140microns in x and y directions - that means it's not printer for dental products.
Better look for DLP printer which is much faster and much more accuracy.
I use Kulzer Cara 4.0 and i can recommend it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Formlabs got 140microns in x and y directions - that means it's not printer for dental products.
Better look for DLP printer which is much faster and much more accuracy.
I use Kulzer Cara 4.0 and i can recommend it.
Laser Spot is 140um size, yes, but that does NOT equate to XY accuracy 140um. these are two very different numbers.

M

Mathew M

Reaction score
Laser spot is 140um -> that means that 2D pixel got 140um -> 2D pixel is created by x and y directions.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes thats true, however like all good 3d printers and milling devices the path of the print head (or laser in this case) moves according to the tangent of the edge of the nozzle (laser spot in this case)

this ensures it is just the internal mirror motors that drive the x/y accuracy through the whole part. not the spot size of the beam.

this is also why you require a curing unit, as the edge of the spot is not the ideal place to cure a solid feature.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
and then of course, there's resolution, which can affect accuracy... o_O

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
do not buy formlabs for crown and bridge. they're garbage. accuracy sucks, reliability sucks and prints fail way too often. we went through 4 of them. they're ok for ortho, however.
also, avoid closed systems like the plague. we have an envisiontec. it's reliable, accurate and we've never had a single failed print (except due to user fault). but it's closed, and we're paying outrageous prices for the resin.