Recommendations for full-arch gingiva.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm primarily a removable tech but I'm learning the full-arched fixed game with monolithic zirconia and titanium-frame+zirconia restorations. I already do immediate load temporaries and we outsource for the PMMA prototypes and zirconia finals, but we're slowly but surely bringing them in house with printing (I'm pretty sure I'm either going to print Trusana prototypes or mill PMMA, and of course mill zirconia finals). I'm just trying to get all my ducks in a row with research for final restorations. What are your guys opinions on the gingiva portion of full-arched monolithic zirconia? I've heard a lot about optiglaze, gradia and nano-composites, as well as porcelain stacking as different options but the docs here want to give the patients the best possible restoration possible. Is there a clear winner of all of the options? And what about ease of use? Is there a balance between the two?

Thanks!!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
MIYO gingival kit. Also contains non fluorescent glaze. Havent used the gingiva personally, but MIYO is the best out there for zirconia.

Why add composite to a zirconia frame? Think about having to refire a bridge coated in optiglaze or gradia. Do it all in one firing with MIYO yo.

Last edited:
C

CWilliams

Reaction score
temps= primotec multi with gradia and optiglaze
mono zr finals= ging is layered with porcelain or soprano surface pastes, along with their stains for detail and miyo for tooth stains

*soprano is nice not having to order the full kit, like you do with miyo

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
MIYO gingival kit. Also contains non fluorescent glaze. Havent used the gingiva personally, but MIYO is the best out there for zirconia.

Why add composite to a zirconia frame? Think about having to refire a bridge coated in optiglaze or gradia. Do it all in one firing with MIYO yo.
Interesting! I'll look into this. So you can fire it all at once?

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
temps= primotec multi with gradia and optiglaze
mono zr finals= ging is layered with porcelain or soprano surface pastes, along with their stains for detail and miyo for tooth stains

*soprano is nice not having to order the full kit, like you do with miyo
So you just use the soprano for the gingiva (since you can order it without the full kit) and miyo for teeth. Can you do the firing all at once?

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
So you just use the soprano for the gingiva (since you can order it without the full kit) and miyo for teeth. Can you do the firing all at once?
I'm sure someone out there does. I do micro layering with it so I do a few firings and have different temps that I prefer etc so I guess it's whatever you make of it

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
If you are doing zirconia just use miyo otherwise a varnish or a composite will turn dingy after 6 mo-2 years. You can buy individual colors from miyo, you don't have to get the kit, I did because otherwise I wouldn't have those rainy day colors, and it comes with an organizer.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
If you are doing zirconia just use miyo otherwise a varnish or a composite will turn dingy after 6 mo-2 years. You can buy individual colors from miyo, you don't have to get the kit, I did because otherwise I wouldn't have those rainy day colors, and it comes with an organizer.
Thank you, I'll probably just go with the kit as well to have options.

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
Are you guys that are using miyo still painting the gingiva in the green state? Or do you find that Miyo does the job?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Nice, thank you.
You could, but no real need to. Its cool stuff. There are a few new colors for pink that dont come in the kit and they are the color you need. Maybe they have changed it since ive bought my kit. I believe it is hibiscus.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Currently I miyo stain a cutback then layer gingival porcelain. I personally cannot get the business card thickness of pink to look as good with miyo than I can with the combination.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Currently I miyo stain a cutback then layer gingival porcelain. I personally cannot get the business card thickness of pink to look as good with miyo than I can with the combination.

Same here.

I never got the result I wanted with Miyo Pink but I also did not try much. Even as a non ceramist, layering gingival porcelain has been pretty easy to do. I'll try the combination as you explained in the future.

For PMMA temps we use removable acrylic... we want the patient to come back for the final Laugh

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Same here.

I never got the result I wanted with Miyo Pink but I also did not try much. Even as a non ceramist, layering gingival porcelain has been pretty easy to do. I'll try the combination as you explained in the future.

For PMMA temps we use removable acrylic... we want the patient to come back for the final Laugh
I am only ever asked to do Pmma temps for long term long span temps. I mill them, then polish and optiglaze to shade.