Reasons for implant misalignment?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The driver hole thing is something I havent really thought about before.. I will have to mention that.. , Like I said, these Drs are very meticulous, no new staff. BUT

as I write this, I look at another case under the scope.. There are tiny cotton pellets in impression where the driver hole is.... Hmmmm

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
They're filling the impression transfer access hole with cotton, instead of wax. I just had the same thing happen to me, I was pulling out fibers of cotton in the impression.
I mentioned this to the Dr, the Dr is now using utility wax.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
light body on the fixtures. I will definitely bring this to their attention, I have another one to go pick up now. Ive never noticed that before when I pull the impression, maybe they remove it from the coping, but not the impression before they stick it back in.. Still it seems like it shouldnt affect it that much if the coping appears seated in the impression, but cant hurt..

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I thought the same thing, too. It's probably not creating a seating discrepancy, as the transfers tend to snap in, but it's just better to not have it even be an hint of an issue, let alone to have to clean it out.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
light body can take the shape of the fixture.
I had the same issue with bihorizons and their crappy save a buck abutment/impression copings.
damn things could rotate 180 degrees and you'd think they were fine. Dr didn't block out the screw head and he used light body.
Stupid taper with one flat side that you can't see when inserted.
Braille is no way to verify a seated fixture. Go with open trays and you mystery is over.
you can go back to guess that implant from an xray.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The driver hole thing is something I havent really thought about before.. I will have to mention that.. , Like I said, these Drs are very meticulous, no new staff. BUT

as I write this, I look at another case under the scope.. There are tiny cotton pellets in impression where the driver hole is.... Hmmmm
Yep, seen that plenty. They'll pack cotton into or over the driver hole to keep it from impressioning and instead have the opportunity (not certainty) of creating a impression post trampoline unless you use tiny scissors to cut out the cotton wad at the 'incisal' of the impression post.

You are not relying on the screwhead to stop the seating of the impression coping in the impression, you can safely remove any of the screwhead impression.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im in the market for a vasectomy actually.. too bad I cant barter with a dentist..

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Im in the market for a vasectomy actually.. too bad I cant barter with a dentist..
Frankly as well as the Dentists know anatomy and their jobs I've become quite terrified of MDs.

I lost count of how many times I've used oral anatomy terms and got a response of "Huh" or "What"

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Frankly as well as the Dentists know anatomy and their jobs I've become quite terrified of MDs.

That is if you can actually get that high up the food chain, past the physicians assistant.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You've got a few old farmers around, I'm sure they can help steer you in the gee direction.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You can always go to Mexico for the big V vacay.
Just in time for taco Tuesday.

Top Bottom