Real IOS advice

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
So I had a client reach out to me for some advice on getting an IOS... he does Invisalign and the rep pitched the iTero to him. It would help him in that regard, but he wondered if it would work well in going digital for c&b here too. Currently not receiving digital files from anyone, , just imps.
I have exocad , no model builder. .? Need to get? Am I in for “click fees?” or
Do I understand that if I don’t havemodel build/creator I could forward the file locally to have models
printed ? And complete the design before model arrives.
Read some old threads but many went off the rails.
-Would you favor another? ( or recommend different ios to client)
-would the itero be great for me?
- this would happen in 6 months . Doc is future planning.
Kind of a cluster question. Don’t know what I don’t know. Probably no simple answer. Appreciate some direction.

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
exocad can be configured to open iTero files.
It's been a while for me, however named user user name had been doing it recently and probably could shed some light.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The current 2 best are Carestream and Trios.
3rd would be 3m Not sure about Itero.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
will prob be shifting over to exocad this upcoming year with the same or similar thoughts in mind. i don't currently have a method for printing or milling models...so not sure if paying for model builder is something i should worry about or not.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
actually one of the biggest desires is to be able to accept cereal files without having to dump all that cash into their scanner and system.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
My experience with Itero is a couple years ago so maybe things have changed but I will share my experience.

With Itero there are probably a couple options.

You will need to install the Itero software so you are able to mark the Margins on the Itero scan and then send the scan to an Itero model maker.

I don't the cost of the software but as far as I remember there were many different tiers of pricing. Should look into that on your end.

Then there was the problem of waiting for the cases to be reviewed by Itero. Sometimes it took a day for you to review the case. I don't know maybe that has changed but it was inconvenient.

I think your best bet if you want to stick with Exocad is to get the model builder. You won't be able to mark the Margins or make a die without it.

Then you are free to send the scans to get the model made by anyone you want.

Itero models in my opinion are not very detailed, when you look at them you are missing so much anatomy/ texture. I wonder how they fit and function. I made many restorations and not many complaints which is kinda shocking to me. But that was on the first generation of Itero. Maybe things have changed.

I believe it's because they are milled and milled fast because of production at large milling centers and the time sensitive nature of getting those models out. I hope you like waiting 2-3 days to get models made by a certified milling center.

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
we receive scans from just about every scanner out there and we have the best luck with trios and itero. Carestream scans look good on my end, but the accounts that use them have inconsistent results in the mouth. The 3M is easily the worst of the bunch. We have people using it to some degree of success, but the scans look terrible.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I agree with Joe, Trios and Itero. Both are easy to manipulate in exocad.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Can you view a colour Trios scan in exocad ?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
none. use plaster and stone. this newfangled gizmodry will be the death of the industry! death i say!

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Went to the source and got this info...........

A2CF6E7F-B018-481C-A6D8-4C75BCABC883.png

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Just my opinion but that's alot of $$ for one account that uses Itero. Hopefully they are a busy account.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
exocad can be configured to open iTero files.
It's been a while for me, however named user user name had been doing it recently and probably could shed some light.
How is Exocad with accepting Trios scans? Is it possible?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
How is Exocad with accepting Trios scans? Is it possible?
What NYJHL said.

You know where the info and instructions are posted on the web.