Re Sinter

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Can you re_sinter zirconia ? To make a long story short I sinterd a trail last night on a short cycle by mistake...Can I resinter on the correct one ?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
its funny how we all say no you cant resinter myself included .BUT the cerec guys are convinced that you can resinter and use it as a selling point for their speed fire furnace saying that you need to resinter or otherwise your ZI crowns are going to fail after you have adjusted them.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
its funny how we all say no you cant resinter myself included .BUT the cerec guys are convinced that you can resinter and use it as a selling point for their speed fire furnace saying that you need to resinter or otherwise your ZI crowns are going to fail after you have adjusted them.
Reallly?! Got any documentation on that or just (over)heard it?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Reallly?! Got any documentation on that or just (over)heard it?
Not unlike the regeneration firing I heard long ago if you were to adjust a Zr implant abutment.

I still say no.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
JMN my clients have wrung me up and started asking questions about how i resinter if i adjust the coping or crowns etc and mass panic when i tell them that i dont. then i point out that they havent had any probs over the 15-20 ive been doing zirk. i then ask them where did you hear this crap and they oh the sirona guy was in and he told me .i then ask them so your looking at buying a cerec , oh no they reply and so the dance continues.

user name

user name

Reaction score
JMN my clients have wrung me up and started asking questions about how i resinter if i adjust the coping or crowns etc and mass panic when i tell them that i dont. then i point out that they havent had any probs over the 15-20 ive been doing zirk. i then ask them where did you hear this crap and they oh the sirona guy was in and he told me .i then ask them so your looking at buying a cerec , oh no they reply and so the dance continues.
JMN gets up in your grill...I got your back. Ahhhhh

G

grantoz

Reaction score
JMN is a dangerous with all that even handedness and all.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
JMN gets up in your grill...I got your back. Ahhhhh
More like the bird that gets stuck in the radiator.
JMN is a dangerous with all that even handedness and all.
You see twice as far if you look at things from both sides. Sometimes all you see on one side is a 1000ft cliff, but you know it's there.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Maybe our reply to this could be that with sirons speed sinter it's probably not truly, fully sintered in first place, so they could probably get by with that? Compared to the lab 7 - 10 hour full sinters.

I guess when asked we just need to educate them on how we adjust on the lab end, slow speed and low torque with water using a SH.

I suppose we could say we run a regeneration cycle if we think we need to, to make them feel a little better. But I agree with user name, it probably doesn't do to much but make us feel better, for those of us who run that cycle once in awhile.