Re-set exo model orientation

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive had this before but I dont remember how to correct it.
iTero case, when I open design, the first step is margin line detection. When I click 'next', it gives a crash report. Its for tooth #20, but the '20' isnt near the actual prep. I know the model needs to have its orientation moved and set, but when I click expert it also throws an error report.
Refresher please?

user name

user name

Reaction score
That was a booger.
Fill out DB and select tooth n stuff.
Click design.
Load scans from iTero.
Open expert and proceed. (correct orientation)

I was lost. Fortunately...I have 2ths number.
Love you Bro
@2thm8kr

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Kinda like having a senior moment? I have those all the time lately. Stupido3

As for the orientation I find it a crap shoot trying to find the bite when bite is open. What I wonder is. When the bite is
open/wrong is it the docs error or iTerror.??
This doc never had a problem having the pt bite in a tray of pvs.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Ive had this before but I dont remember how to correct it.
iTero case, when I open design, the first step is margin line detection. When I click 'next', it gives a crash report. Its for tooth #20, but the '20' isnt near the actual prep. I know the model needs to have its orientation moved and set, but when I click expert it also throws an error report.
Refresher please?
Is it middle mouse button (wheel) click on the screen where you want it centered? Or is that 3shape?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Is it middle mouse button (wheel) click on the screen where you want it centered? Or is that 3shape?
Youre talking about centering the model for rotation on the screen.
My issue was when I select 'design' on exo, the first screen that shows up has the small window for margin detection and adjustment. Because the model wasnt oriented correctly, the tooth number was not near the actual tooth. If I select expert, it would create a trouble report. The model needs to be so youre looking down on it, then set orientation. That not being possible because of the error report generation, I needed a work around.
2th told me to not load the itero case through the iTero tab, but instead fill out DB, creating a new work order. Then click design. It will prompt you to load scans, so at that point select the appropriate jaw scan, then enter expert mode to correct orientation.

Worked perfect. @2thm8kr is the exo genius.