Ransomware got me

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
....locked me out of programs..everything...infected my external hard drive and maybe my IDrive in the cloud..How screwed am I ? Is this a reistall of everything?

M

Mr.Rice

Reaction score
....locked me out of programs..everything...infected my external hard drive and maybe my IDrive in the cloud..How screwed am I ? Is this a reistall of everything?
try this out. http://www.reddit.com/r/TronScript/
people have used it to fix their computer who were infected with malware and viruses. they say it take couple of hours run the course since it's going through your whole system. Caustion, I've never tried it myself but am very curious as to how well it work. I'd advise tooking into it first yourself before attempting to use. best of luck.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes, but more than that its a complete hard drive wipe if you can't fix the ransomware.

go here https://www.nomoreransom.org/

they may have a fix, you may not need a wipe

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Can you share how you were actually attacked? Was it through an email, a website, an employee on a lab computer on your network, or something else? What, if anything did you have on your computer and or server to protect you? This info might at least help others avoid getting attacked by the trolls.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
sndmn2, I hope things worked out for you :)

Last edited:
sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
ok ..all's back together.. had to do the Clinton bleach bit and start over....where it came from I have no idea. . my other computer on network was fine...the surprising part? I have no idea where it came from..I dont FB, email, yt, none of that stuff on this computer at all. ... now for being a dumb ass.. This computer is almost new one year to the date... It skipped my mind to add it to my iDrive account so my last cloud backup[ was the day my previous computer was up n running....and to make matters worse I left my portable backup plugged in.. it also got infected....so I lost close to one years worth of goodies.. that sucking sound and a little pop you heard was my head coming out of my ass..

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Glad your up and running again.