Ran milling machine without dryer. What happens now ?

D

DPS

Reaction score
Sorry this is a beginners question .i forgot to turn on the air dryer before milling 4 units on MCX5 . What happpens o the machine ? is there something i should do ?

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
I've forgotten to do this before and didn't notice any problems. Look around the left side of the machine at the glass tube there and see if you see any water collected at the bottom of it. I haven't needed to ever clean/empty the one we have out but I was told by a tech that its function is to collect moisture.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Depends on how long you ran it like that, Most likely nothing will happen. Was there a dryer on the exit of the compressor? If not then moisture is the only thing and if oil will pass through the spindles. Just turn it on.

Dryers are like fridges you need to let the run for 24hrs to get to full operating capacity then just let them run. I never turn off any of my dryers even if the compressor is off. Also look into a timed release valve to place on the compressor tank to dump air from the lowest point of the compressor to reduce water and moisture in the tank. like one of these.

I have on on the main comp, the back up comp that acts as a inline storage tank when not being used. and one after the second dryer. All go off every 5 min for about 10 sec. Keeping the lines and tanks clean, also aiding in keeping the atlas copco running and not shutting off then a lot of air is not being used.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Good to know about letting the dryer run. Currently I've been told to turn it on every morning and off before I go which has proven interesting because there's a mother squirrel guarding a nest in the shed and she is VERY hostile. I'm looking for every excuse not to have to toggle this thing every day lmfao

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Good to know about letting the dryer run. Currently I've been told to turn it on every morning and off before I go which has proven interesting because there's a mother squirrel guarding a nest in the shed and she is VERY hostile. I'm looking for every excuse not to have to toggle this thing every day lmfao
Take her a handful of peanuts every morning, she'll become your best friend.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
if it is a refrigerated then yes 100% on all the time.

D

DPS

Reaction score
Hi everyone thanks for your answers. sorry i didn't seem to find the time to reply earlier .
Here's a pic of the dryer . Refrigerated right ?
I was told to turn it on whenever i'm about to mill and off when done
The milling machine doesn't seem to have a problem for now .

Attachments

• 20211021_195323.jpg
    20211021_195323.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211021_195317.jpg
    20211021_195317.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom