Radiographic Guides

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Is everyone still using Scanocryl or Biocryl X for them?

I see Polident also has radiopaque PMMA. Has anyone used it? I was thinking it could be easier to make an "essix" using the radiopaque PMMA pontics?

Is Scanocryl still being sold?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Is everyone still using Scanocryl or Biocryl X for them?

I see Polident also has radiopaque PMMA. Has anyone used it? I was thinking it could be easier to make an "essix" using the radiopaque PMMA pontics?

Is Scanocryl still being sold?
Jet XR. There are two powders, an Opaque and a Shadow.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just in case someone needs this:
Quick Lang video

Very good in depth start to finish

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Thanks! Ended up ordering both the PMMA and Jet XR. Will see what works out best.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Well I can't believe I can't figure this one out. Seems really simple but I have no idea what I need to do to get it right.

On Exocad, I am trying to design and mill only a pontic to mill on the radiopaque PMMA.

I setup the project as just a pontic with adjacent teeth.

After freeforming the pontic and clicking next, exocad just exits the wizard and goes into expert mode by itself.
Instead of merging everything and getting it ready to mill. It's probably because I only have a pontic selected and no regular crowns.

Any idea on how to deal with this?

I tried saving as stl and importing into Ceramill Match 2 but when importing I can't just import it as a pontic. I'd have to do as a crown and select a margin....

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What are you going to attach the pontic to in the mouth?

Select wax up pontic in DentalDB. For scan wax up click 'no, design digitally'.
Select mandatory for gingiva design.

Now design the pontic, and when you get to the gingival design step trace the gingival borders like a partial or a flipper. This will merge the pontic to the gingival base and give you a construction info file.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Thanks I actually found a different workaround

I simply selected crown and I selected the ridge as the margin. I just followed a pontic shape and modified a bit after designing the crown.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Thanks I actually found a different workaround

I simply selected crown and I selected the ridge as the margin. I just followed a pontic shape and modified a bit after designing the crown.
Here's a post with guides for planning using printed materials and radiographic glass beads.

D

dandyfop

Reaction score
That sounds exactly what I was thinking! Mixing some barium sulphate into 3d printer resin. But I don't see your guide in the post

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
What are you going to attach the pontic to in the mouth?

Select wax up pontic in DentalDB. For scan wax up click 'no, design digitally'.
Select mandatory for gingiva design.

Now design the pontic, and when you get to the gingival design step trace the gingival borders like a partial or a flipper. This will merge the pontic to the gingival base and give you a construction info file.

Sorry didn't see your first question.

I was thinking of milling the pontics out of radiopaque PMMA (Polident's) and then make a clear stent over them. Pretty much like an essix retainer with radiopaque pontics.

Doctor wants to see a digital design of the pontic so I figure this might be the easiest way rather than using radiopaque acrylic.

Also yeah it doesnt seem that the article appears on your previous post