Race to the bottom....

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
ugh! So I don't see work from an account for 3 months but continually get calls looking for cases cause the patient is there waiting or due to show up any minute. After the initial freak out I find I have no record for that patient. Today I get a call from them saying a bridge broke at seating. I pick it up, bring it back and do a quick search on the 3shape and labstar for that patient and nothing. Turns out the new lab the doc using is sucking it up yet again. I ask to talk with doc, he went back to his previous lab cause he charges a HELL of a lot less then me. He says, "Can you blame me?" And come to find out, I'm pretty cheap compared to the latest LMT fee issue.
If you're one of the cheap-ass labs reading this, grow a pair and become somewhat business oriented!!! Imagine how awesome your life could be with a nice pay raise!! Seriously, have some self respect!! I've never felt the pain of offshore competition, just chairside mills and cheap labs! And cheap labs hurt way more than a chairside mill.

Idiots!!!!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Well Sir, I'm not, BUT, tell this loser to hug a root. He/She is hogging your resources for your serious/committed accounts. Stop wasting your time with this account. You have serious clients to attend to.Hmmmm2

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
If you're one of the cheap-ass labs reading this, grow a pair and become somewhat business oriented!!! Imagine how awesome your life could be with a nice pay raise!! Seriously, have some self respect!! I've never felt the pain of offshore competition, just chairside mills and cheap labs! And cheap labs hurt way more than a chairside mill.

Idiots!!!!

I do agree with that part. I think there was even a comment by someone in the survey that we should all be at $200. - 300. per crown for what we do, rather than the race to the bottom insanity.

I wonder if the Dr will ever click to the fact of the down chair time with this other lab is costing him, compared to what he thinks he's saving?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I wonder if the Dr will ever click to the fact of the down chair time with this other lab is costing him, compared to what he thinks he's saving?
No, these types of loser's, (frat boy douchebag's) have no comprehension of reality. Not worth your time.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Just a suggestion, if you get another case into your lab ( to repair) that was done by the other guy, make them come get it from you. Do not return it to the doc, make him come get it.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
No, these types of loser's, (frat boy douchebag's) have no comprehension of reality. Not worth your time.

You're probably right 2th, the give away comments by the "Dr" being.."a hell of a lot less", and, "can you blame me"

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Remember this the next time some lurker on here asks for the average price for a crown. They are the ones undercutting you.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Probably true.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What's the probability of me saying probably in the next post...:D

D

dborla01

Reaction score
Riley...glad you are here and receiving input from others' who have been down this torturous route. Banghead PS: it is a great idea of Bob's to screen those calls, since your time is precious....even if the cheap-ass dentists do not respect it.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
What are your prices for crowns?

What, for more lurkers to get more information to undercut prices even more? o_O

Maybe we should all declare were charging $350. a crown to elevate everyone else, or to declare $12.50 crowns to drive the bottom feeders mad and over the edge?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
ugh! So I don't see work from an account for 3 months but continually get calls looking for cases cause the patient is there waiting or due to show up any minute. After the initial freak out I find I have no record for that patient. Today I get a call from them saying a bridge broke at seating. I pick it up, bring it back and do a quick search on the 3shape and labstar for that patient and nothing. Turns out the new lab the doc using is sucking it up yet again. I ask to talk with doc, he went back to his previous lab cause he charges a HELL of a lot less then me. He says, "Can you blame me?" And come to find out, I'm pretty cheap compared to the latest LMT fee issue.

Idiots!!!!
same boat brother, I feel ya! my mentor always said to be sure I pay more attention to my business. I (we) didn't go into business to be reflective of other labs, don't let them steer you. I agree with the others. time to cut ties with this Dr. have some of those myself that disappeared. when they wanted to return, they were at the high side of my fee schedule. I would rather work for more on a few cases than work for less on way too many.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
What, for more lurkers to get more information to undercut prices even more? o_O

Maybe we should all declare were charging $350. a crown to elevate everyone else, or to declare $12.50 crowns to drive the bottom feeders mad and over the edge?
what if we started a serious thread (I know, difficult),maybe even a private invite only thread if @Travis will permit it....where like-minded lab owners can freely discuss true business and marketing strategies with others, without the fear of something "bad" coming to the public, or without the negative nellies, etc.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I was thinking something along that line this morning, like our own "study club" like some labs do when they get together and share information.

I'm even getting hesitant in sharing to much of my hard learned tips and tricks I've learned as to not help those (lurkers) who aren't contributing, but would gladly share with known good members here, in some sort of format like you mentioned.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I was thinking something along that line this morning, like our own "study club" like some labs do when they get together and share information.

I'm even getting hesitant in sharing to much of my hard learned tips and tricks I've learned as to not help those (lurkers) who aren't contributing, but would gladly share with known good members here, in some sort of format like you mentioned.
that's exactly what I was thinking.
I try to offer as many tips and tricks as possible to those that seek the help. even though youre all 'competition', we are still brothers in arms and need to realize that working as a team will be far more beneficial to us all than fighting amongst ourselves. there are plenty of clients for all of us here.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

....kind of defeats the purpose of dln doesn't it?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I do agree with that part. I think there was even a comment by someone in the survey that we should all be at $200. - 300. per crown for what we do, rather than the race to the bottom insanity.

Just act surprised, say I am impressed you must not have much overhead because your chair time sure is cheap to waste an appointment over 30 dollars.

Top Bottom