Race to the bottom....

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
And the saddest part is patients are paying hundreds/thousands of dollars for quality teeth and they only cost pennies when it comes down to it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Instead of doing it the same way as him,do it differently .

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Too bad I take pride in what I do. I don't send anything out that I would not use myself
Yes, we won't reduce our quality either. We have a horror story as well. One of our Dr.s shares an office. This doc used us once, claimed he had never had such great service or such a beautiful product. Then proceeded to tell us he will continue to use the cheap lab, as his patients don't brush so why should he buy a better product.

We know our position is precarious, but the integrity of our work matters.

N

nickate

Reaction score
I am astounded by the fact that a denture using "economy" teeth can cost less in materials than a McDonald's value meal. Race to the bottom?!? THUMP. We're there...LOL. Only because we let the race begin YEARS ago by undercutting one another... It all depends which side of the fence you are on. Legit business- lab with a storefront, rent, employees, etc or a dude making teeth out of a shed in his mom's backyard. And that still raises the question.... who's product is better? $1 a minute hands on time works out for me.. My years as an auto mechanic were VERY similar....

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
You can get a lot cheaper than Crappics...I mean Classics. I used to get samples in the mail from companies selling chinese products.

C&B only here, but I wonder if teeth have to be FDA approved materials.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
C&B only here, but I wonder if teeth have to be FDA approved materials.
I don't know. I use Ivoclar and Tribos 501 teeth....I don't have to worry about it.

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
Was wondering the same thing about these teeth. If they are even FDA approved or if they have to be....

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I just reuse the teeth the dentist pulls
Any teeth in a day donors around?
b2f6241963b154dc642a396a194716ab.jpg

D

dborla01

Reaction score
awhurst...I used to worry about "cheap" but I found that with my superior knowledge and ability, my work and and drive to speak in a professional manner with Dr.'s and staff, allowed me to set prices I was proud of. Maybe you should consider upgrading your education? You do not have to compete with the bottom end, unless you choose to accept second-rate. PS: maybe you could improve your communication skills by joining Toastmasters? PSS: I find it interesting that offices call you after screw ups. Maybe such an aforementioned strategy or something similar will help you to close that gap? Based upon my past experience, some dental technicians feel intimidated by dealing with dentists who society automatically chooses to call "Dr", and do not develop communication skills that match their capabilities. Good luck and please keep us informed concerning your thoughts.

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
awhurst...I used to worry about "cheap" but I found that with my superior knowledge and ability, my work and and drive to speak in a professional manner with Dr.'s and staff, allowed me to set prices I was proud of. Maybe you should consider upgrading your education? You do not have to compete with the bottom end, unless you choose to accept second-rate. PS: maybe you could improve your communication skills by joining Toastmasters? PSS: I find it interesting that offices call you after screw ups. Maybe such an aforementioned strategy or something similar will help you to close that gap? Based upon my past experience, some dental technicians feel intimidated by dealing with dentists who society automatically chooses to call "Dr", and do not develop communication skills that match their capabilities. Good luck and please keep us informed concerning your thoughts.

Thanks for the good advice. I am always looking at improving my communication skills and always try to continue my education as much as possible.

Top Bottom