Race to the bottom....

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
So there's this guy in my town who runs his own shop. He charges $25 for set-ups and $25 to process dentures and partials. I hear complaints that the work is horrible but yet he still has dr's send him stuff because all they care about is the price being low no matter how bad the work is. Has anyone ever heard of a lab charging so little to do the work? How long were they able to stay in business? How could anyone possibly do it for so CHEAP? It frustrates me because I had an account who was sending me their stuff after I worked out a very good price list for them on everything and after a month of business they tell me they are sending it to him because his prices are lower. No complaints about my work or anything other than he wants the price that cheap....

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
There are quite a few here in town too, I have no clue how do they manage to stay in business, guess being dirt cheap brings in volume ... I had accounts trying out labs like that, then sending me their cr@p to fix it, or even sending in the pt. for custom staining Banghead...called them and said to get a refund and lets start from scratch again...

Do not lower your prices...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Quite frankly, even though it sucks when some guy in his garage undercuts you, it's even more disheartening when it is an established lab in your area.

Generally the factory labs are cheaper but we are now seeing Glidewellian tactics applied by the corporate headquarters.

I'm too old for that sh it!

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
Yea its a headache but I cant do anything about it. Im just trying to figure out how you can do it that cheap and make money. Maybe Im missing something...Im just want to know how

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
Whats the cheapest acrylic and what are the cheapest teeth. I know classics are a little less than 6 dollars a card. How can you possibly make any money. Its a one man shop too so I know they cant handle volume

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yea its a headache but I cant do anything about it. Im just trying to figure out how you can do it that cheap and make money. Maybe Im missing something...Im just want to know how
Buy the cheapest crap materials you can find, work out of some low rent dump, don't care about what you are producing. easy.

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
Im sure this has been a battle for many years in this industry. We should all hold each other accountable and so should the dr's

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Whats the cheapest acrylic and what are the cheapest teeth. I know classics are a little less than 6 dollars a card. How can you possibly make any money. Its a one man shop too so I know they cant handle volume
You can get a lot cheaper than Crappics...I mean Classics. I used to get samples in the mail from companies selling chinese products.

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
I know this account will come back over time. They're already complaining about problems with this guy. It sucks because they called me asking for help and then they say everything is good we just found someone that does it for this price. Verified that they are actually getting it that low. I know they will be back over time it just leaves me with a bad taste

Top Bottom