r Pod from Arfona Printer for RPD?

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Interesting concept dual filament printer that prints Valplast and a support material. You then finish, mill the teeth and bond.

Anyone have any experience with this? I use FDM printers for various projects and like the simplicity and accuracy. We are looking into getting 3shape RPD and a second design seat to promote this new service.

EDIT: I would be interested in anyone that has actually seen or used the printer and material. I did see previous posts about preconceived ideas about the process, not actual experiences...

Thanks

Last edited:
SmartLabJon

SmartLabJon

Reaction score
Follow up here! Has any had any experience with 3d printing Valplast? I assume it's a no-go since I haven't heard anything about it? The cost on the system is $6500 from Valplast (got a quote this week).

J

JPK

Reaction score
We got one, spent a month trying to get it dialed in. No matter what we do the prints come out porous. After much back and forth with their support (their support was their CEO) we gave up. It’s been collecting dust for a year now. The 6k buys you a very basic and generic dual extrusion printer, access to their print settings (which didn’t work for us),and their Valplast filament.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how they dealt with the layer fusing issue. Simple, they didn't.

B

basler

Reaction score
Can you buy just the Valplast filament ?