Quiet dust collector

S

slotboom.f

Reaction score
If it is for one or two places a 125 mm tube for airventilation will do connect it like a cyclone to something like an oil drum which is connected to the ventilator.
Advantage: gypsum and acrylic will be sucked in from about 75 cm away and is very silent.
Large drum to collect so once every few months will be fine.
And you can refine it to your specific needs with some creativity.
Add chemical resistant ventilator and it will function outstanding for acrylic fumes as wel.
All for less than 500,- eur but you can make them more and less expensive and customize as you please.
Works for me since 20 yrs

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Sean M.

Sean M.

Reaction score
I have three grinding stations, two are mainly precious metal, porcelain and zirconia. The third is model and die plus metal finishing.
Do you lose by refining die stone and precious alloy in same filter bag?

My guess is yes..........but they know how to separate gold from rock in the ground...........so I'm not really sure.

Is a Central Vacuum System efficient for refining alloy?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have three grinding stations, two are mainly precious metal, porcelain and zirconia. The third is model and die plus metal finishing.

My guess is yes..........but they know how to separate gold from rock in the ground...........so I'm not really sure.

Some refiners will charge you a higher percentage for reclamation depending on the components ratios in the material. Grinds, sweeps, vac bags, frequently different prices.

I'd posit that a central vac system isn't efficient for anything but the electric company. Grab a garden hose and try to have a drink from it with the other end in a pool, downhill. Same thing.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Always suck your allows into a separate if you are able.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score

You Always get much better refining results when you can keep your precious Alloys separate. Of course the results from different refineries are very dramatic. We did a blind study when I was at Ndx sending the exact same scrap to a variety of refiners and the returns were radically radically different some of them are just plain thieves.

I can tell you that I personally will never use another refiner than Argen. Their systems and transparency are legendary.

Central suction is badass. Get a zubler system with the dedicated scrap filter and you will be amazed. We calculated that the differential in how much more scrap we collected in a “cleaner” container more than paid for the systems within the depreciation schedule of the equipment. Now, today there is a fraction of the pfm work out there but if you do a lot of it it’s totally worth it. Plus it keeps the lab cleaner quieter and the energy cost is much lower than an equivalent number of single stations. It’s a no brainer if your lab is large enough to justify the unit.

Sean M.

Sean M.

Reaction score
You Always get much better refining results when you can keep your precious Alloys separate. Of course the results from different refineries are very dramatic. We did a blind study when I was at Ndx sending the exact same scrap to a variety of refiners and the returns were radically radically different some of them are just plain thieves.

I can tell you that I personally will never use another refiner than Argen. Their systems and transparency are legendary.

Central suction is badass. Get a zubler system with the dedicated scrap filter and you will be amazed. We calculated that the differential in how much more scrap we collected in a “cleaner” container more than paid for the systems within the depreciation schedule of the equipment. Now, today there is a fraction of the pfm work out there but if you do a lot of it it’s totally worth it. Plus it keeps the lab cleaner quieter and the energy cost is much lower than an equivalent number of single stations. It’s a no brainer if your lab is large enough to justify the unit.
Jd thanks for the information....probably the Zubler is too much machine. We only use 4 oz a month (small lab)

R

Ryan

Reaction score
Jd thanks for the information....probably the Zubler is too much machine. We only use 4 oz a month (small lab)
If you have a dedicated metal finishing station you can have a suction unit + an alloy accumulator of just a suction unit that collects everything in a bag.

Sean M.

Sean M.

Reaction score
If you have a dedicated metal finishing station you can have a suction unit + an alloy accumulator of just a suction unit that collects everything in a bag.
thanks Ryan...I will let you guys know what i come up with