Question for seasoned oregon denturists

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Cmon, thats not zirconia! Thats the latest post on the cerec thread on DT.
"What do you expect when the industry is leading them towards this:"

First Generation Zirconia crowns say Hi.

View attachment 42529

It will take a bit of time for the materials to advance, But with a little bit of stain and a some talent you can make it look good.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I was going to start a post on the intricacies of induced anxiety this job involves and how to deal with it, and I still might.. but Im afraid of the turns a thread like that could take..
rkm and crob would hijack that on post 2!

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
I was going to start a post on the intricacies of induced anxiety this job involves and how to deal with it, and I still might.. but Im afraid of the turns a thread like that could take..
I think it would be worth doing

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I just started classes this week at American Denturist college. The tuition is about 40k. They offer you to pay monthly or by term without finance charges. I own a removable lab in NH and plan to open a clinic on the Maine/NH border eventually. I hope to see denturism legislation pass in NH in my lifetime. Fingers crossed.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
I just started classes this week at American Denturist college. The tuition is about 40k. They offer you to pay monthly or by term without finance charges. I own a removable lab in NH and plan to open a clinic on the Maine/NH border eventually. I hope to see denturism legislation pass in NH in my lifetime. Fingers crossed.
Awesome!

H

HNSP

Reaction score
I've been thinking about applying to the same program for spring of 2024! If you don't mind me asking, how are things going so far?

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
How is this shaking out? If you don’t mind me asking.

Last edited:
J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Name a denturism state that you need to be supervised by a dentist... Ive never heard that and it kinda defeats the purpose of denturism. Here in Idaho, its not a big money maker, in fact, the work I repair from denturist offices are some of the worst Ive seen. Im sure there are higher end offices that charge more, but most patients use a denturist not because they are better than a dentist, but because its much cheaper. Ive tried for years to look for a denturist that I can hire and offer a place to work, but they are unicorns...
In Colorado, a dentist must examine and write an RX for treatment and then the denturist/lab tech can proceed. But legally has to have a dentist exam and RX.

Sorry,didnt realize this was an old post..

Last edited:
D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
In Colorado, a dentist must examine and write an RX for treatment and then the denturist/lab tech can proceed. But legally has to have a dentist exam and RX.

Sorry,didnt realize this was an old post..
All good. I’m interested in any discussion on the topic.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
im a denturist who doesnt see patients as i like doing crown and bridge but being trained as a clinician was one of the best things i ever did. In Oz i get calls everyday from dentists looking for good acrylic labs but all the acrylic labs got sick of helping young dentist with their dental" journey" so they became denturists or as we call them prosthetists and see the patient directly .Its less stress more profit for them and if the patient needs a dentist the prosthetists refers them to the ones he or she wants to so the dentists better be nice to them.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
This is a repair of a repair that a local denturist did.. never seen anything like it.. I already glued it back together but it’s obvious where it broke. Not a great picture, but thats a gold plated wire inserted where it previously broke, with just enough acrylic over it to cover it. Hmmmm2

IMG_2338.jpeg

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
This is a repair of a repair that a local denturist did.. never seen anything like it.. I already glued it back together but it’s obvious where it broke. Not a great picture, but thats a gold plated wire inserted where it previously broke, with just enough acrylic over it to cover it. Hmmmm2

View attachment 43967
Just like the docs, without a lab background how would you ever know any better. I just want to make some money and go home and have a somewhat normal life is why I’m interested in denturism. If I can do that and still play with teeth, even better.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
That denturist just lost a customer based on the quality of their work. Thats how it goes.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
The key to being a good and successful denturist is to know how to do your own lab work. I've met several denturists that come out of denturism school that are primarily taught the clinical side and are weak on the lab work. To be truly profitable you need to produce your own work and see your own patients at your own clinic.

You also have to be resilient to working with denture patients. It's one thing to be a really good lab tech and be done with everything once the case goes out the door, it's another to deliver to the patient and have to deal with the adjustments and unrealistic expectations.
Money tends to add a bit of resiliency to a guy’s personality.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

View attachment 43967
this is exactly why more licensing does NOT mean better outcomes

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
That denturist just lost a customer based on the quality of their work. Thats how it goes.
but the government got their licensing fees! so that means dental care is better!

Top Bottom