Question for Roland DWX Mill users (2 or more mills)

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a question for you, Roland mill DWX users. If you are a user of two or more mills.

1. How many dongles/millbox licence do you have?
2. What kind of pc do you use for nesting/calculation on millbox. Please list the processor speed, ram and gpu.
3. Do you have VPanel run on a different pc or you use the same pc with the millbox.

* Do you think it is necessary to have two dongles/millbox licence to run 3 mills? Do you think it is a waste of money to get another dongle/millbox licence? Your opinion on this please.

Thank You.
Hmar

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
1. 1 dongle and millbox
2. I have used millbox on AMD ryzen 1700x with 16 and 32gb on ram and now on i7 10th gen with 32gb of ram. I dont see any big difference on calculation speed. Had to change the computer as DOF scanners are not working well with AMD.
3. I have one old laptop with VPanel, that is running 3 mills at a time.

*no reason for multiple millbox licenses. Calculate on one computer and then send files to Vpanel.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Thanks. Which version of millbox are you running? Do you update each year?

May i ask why you are running vpanel on a sepreatr computer? To decrease cpu load? Is it taking a huge load to run on the same pc as millbox?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
2021. At first I did not update for 3 years I believe, but as I wanted to upgrade to expert version, I had to. Until I don't see a massive change in software, I won't update it soon.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
so what are the features in the expert version? Anything special?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Last edited:
M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
You can also change on the regular/easy millbox not sure what they call it. But will be limited comparing to expert mode i guess.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
There have been changes on the versions of millbox so maybe now it is possible.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Open new millbox window, press on the keyboard Crtl+Alt+7, it will open up a password dialogue box to access strategies.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
can i know the password for millbox 2021?
You can try enable or Enable or 00000 (five times of zeroes…or more). They have changed it. There is also another thread look into it.

Top Bottom