Question for Roland DWX Mill users (2 or more mills)

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a question for you, Roland mill DWX users. If you are a user of two or more mills.

1. How many dongles/millbox licence do you have?
2. What kind of pc do you use for nesting/calculation on millbox. Please list the processor speed, ram and gpu.
3. Do you have VPanel run on a different pc or you use the same pc with the millbox.

* Do you think it is necessary to have two dongles/millbox licence to run 3 mills? Do you think it is a waste of money to get another dongle/millbox licence? Your opinion on this please.

Thank You.
Hmar

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
1. 1 dongle and millbox
2. I have used millbox on AMD ryzen 1700x with 16 and 32gb on ram and now on i7 10th gen with 32gb of ram. I dont see any big difference on calculation speed. Had to change the computer as DOF scanners are not working well with AMD.
3. I have one old laptop with VPanel, that is running 3 mills at a time.

*no reason for multiple millbox licenses. Calculate on one computer and then send files to Vpanel.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Thanks. Which version of millbox are you running? Do you update each year?

May i ask why you are running vpanel on a sepreatr computer? To decrease cpu load? Is it taking a huge load to run on the same pc as millbox?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
2021. At first I did not update for 3 years I believe, but as I wanted to upgrade to expert version, I had to. Until I don't see a massive change in software, I won't update it soon.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
so what are the features in the expert version? Anything special?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Last edited:
M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
You can also change on the regular/easy millbox not sure what they call it. But will be limited comparing to expert mode i guess.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
There have been changes on the versions of millbox so maybe now it is possible.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Open new millbox window, press on the keyboard Crtl+Alt+7, it will open up a password dialogue box to access strategies.