Qdental - Semi-Flex Acrylic - TD Dental Supply

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Has anyone done an add-a-tooth with this material? Being that it needs mechanical retention to the tooth, I'm thinking it should have mechanical retention from the added part to the original part.

D

David Laville

Has anyone done an add-a-tooth with this material? Being that it needs mechanical retention to the tooth, I'm thinking it should have mechanical retention from the added part to the original part.
Since this material is a polymer and monomer it uses polymerization and shouldn't need mechanical retention like the nylon type materials. I experimented with this material before I made it available to my accounts and had no problems adding a tooth or repairs, but I still use a small bur that makes a donut shaped hole in the denture tooth just as a backup.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
Since this material is a polymer and monomer it uses polymerization and shouldn't need mechanical retention like the nylon type materials. I experimented with this material before I made it available to my accounts and had no problems adding a tooth or repairs, but I still use a small bur that makes a donut shaped hole in the denture tooth just as a backup.
I played with it a great deal before telling anyone too, but never broke one on purpose to see how it did on a repair. I found that diatorics were needed for my sanity, I managed to pop a few loose without them using what may have been excessive pressure.
Anyway. here 'tis. Added tooth #12 and clasp to #11. Was previously clasped to #12.

And, yes, I know my photography stinks.

F

FangTech

I know this is an old thread now, but does anyone have any video or a link to video showing how much flex there is? Qdent has only recently become available in Aus and Im keen to see how flexy it is. I dont get many cases, however have had a few recently and have sent them to another lab for ThermoSens dentures. Qdent is fairly pricey here and Im not so keen to fork out $570 odd for the smallest amount available to do pink with clear clasps.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Staff member
Donator
I know this is an old thread now, but does anyone have any video or a link to video showing how much flex there is? Qdent has only recently become available in Aus and Im keen to see how flexy it is. I dont get many cases, however have had a few recently and have sent them to another lab for ThermoSens dentures. Qdent is fairly pricey here and Im not so keen to fork out $570 odd for the smallest amount available to do pink with clear clasps.
Is everything from off-continent that profanity inducing expensive?

F

FangTech

Unfortunately it sure is, I only know of 1 supplier here. The 100g powder is $137AU and the 125ml liquid is $104AU this is for the pink. They dont offer a sample to try

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom