Putting different sized holes in your 3Shape design

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
This is probably not new to many of you, but I just learned this trick yesterday and thought I would share. Under "Attachment" pick "Parametric Shapes" from the group menu and then pick "Cylinder hole" from the attachment menu. Now you will have a hole you can change the size of to get those screw holes that are between 2 and 3 mm.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
This is probably not new to many of you, but I just learned this trick yesterday and thought I would share. Under "Attachment" pick "Parametric Shapes" from the group menu and then pick "Cylinder hole" from the attachment menu. Now you will have a hole you can change the size of to get those screw holes that are between 2 and 3 mm.
Everything was new to everyone at one point. That's one of the things that make this so much fun. There are so many ways to reach functionally similar outcomes.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

yup or make custon cylinder like 2.5, 2.75 3.5 and so on and create new attachments. But that parametric cylinder hole works wonders.

2th-man

2th-man

Reaction score
yup or make custon cylinder like 2.5, 2.75 3.5 and so on and create new attachments. But that parametric cylinder hole works wonders.

Im not sure what version of 3 shape I am running. How do you customize the cylinder hole sizes? Is it a later version?
Thanks
Tim

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
can do the same in exocad FYI folks. and it has more options with sizing which is good cause i just got the new zimmer 3.1mm platform. very small access for the screw

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Just select "hole through all layers" at the assembly and it will put a hole in the crown for you if you're doing a split file design.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Im not sure what version of 3 shape I am running. How do you customize the cylinder hole sizes? Is it a later version?
Thanks
Tim
We are running 18.2. I didn't "discover" the adjustable hole diameter until a couple of months ago. It may be something they added recently.

Holy

Holy

Reaction score
is there any way to make this cylinder hole rotatable in axis?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Choose it with group and you will be able to manipulate the axes.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks
Tim

Select the attachment icon then the dropdown window, then scroll up to the very top and you should see parametric shapes. It is in there.

C

cmhkim

Reaction score
I've updated to DS 19.2 and it seems Parametric Shapes has disappeared. Any chance someone could export that attachment category and send over please?
Kind regards,
Chris

Holy

Holy

Reaction score
really? everytime 3shape updates something, the same number of bugs or glitches added.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I've updated to DS 19.2 and it seems Parametric Shapes has disappeared. Any chance someone could export that attachment category and send over please?
Kind regards,
Chris

Really 19.2 here and it is still where it always was, at the very top of the list in the attachments tool. Also still in the 19.2.1 beta 19.3 it has never left. Our production is on 19.2 and they use it everyday! I am also on the beta testing team and was there since 19.0.1. But it never was in model builder! In any version.

Also next time state exactly where the issue is instead of being very vague and starting false sayings. Your issue is in model builder not designer.

Holy

Holy

Reaction score
Actually not true, has been better over the years.

I am using 18.3 and always having an issue with minimal thickness error which I didn't have with the previous version.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I am using 18.3 and always having an issue with minimal thickness error which I didn't have with the previous version.

Min thickness error like what? violated .5 by .03 LOL

A

aclavicka

Reaction score
Just select "hole through all layers" at the assembly and it will put a hole in the crown for you if you're doing a split file design.
Hi, Are you able to put the holes through both when doing a 2 piece denture with the denture module?

R

ramirez

Reaction score
Hello to everybody.
I wanted to ask you all about the attachments which i see everybody more or less have figure out a solution. In my case i wanted to see how can i import a custom hole 2,5m and the cylinder with the exact specs Tried some older video about how to import the file on 3Shape Dental System Control Panel but
unfortunately the file that i found and downloaded was .dcm extension and don't know how to do it and simply left it . Could someone help me on this?
My version of 3shape is 1.88.1.9 . Any help is accepted.

Best Regards.