Purging ovens.

A

AKP

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

We recently purchased beads for purging our ovens, Sintermax T1800 and Sintermax T1700, since especially cases coming out from one oven where coming looking milky. We have tried lots of others things so we narrowed it down to purging and that's where my question comes.
I run purge on one of the ovens and I am not sure if the colors of the beads after sintering are right color, good color, acceptable colors, or bed colors, need to keep purging colors, or maybe something in the oven is bad and giving me strange results. I also run purge on different oven and the color of the beads comes out completely different. Again, I am purging with beads meant for purging, not beads that I use in crucible with crowns. I am going to attach some pictures, and would like to hear from someone that is familiar with purging with beads, or with those ovens. On one picture you will see 4 purges total, 3 of them were done in one oven (on package it says "purge 1" "purge 2" "purge 3") and the other that says "oven 4" is from different oven.

Attachments

• IMG_7137.JPG
    IMG_7137.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7138.JPG
    IMG_7138.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7139.JPG
    IMG_7139.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7140.JPG
    IMG_7140.JPG
    259.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7141.JPG
    IMG_7141.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 20
MrMolar

MrMolar

Reaction score
so I'll try to offer some advice, but take it for what it is, and don't hold it against me.

I ran several cycles of the sintering beads. I never felt like it purged like it should. They always came out like they worked fine, but after the second cycle of crowns, they were green and milky again.

I discovered that the milky-ness was coming from the oven being too hot. so I got some calibration tabs and updated my sintering programs according to how hot or cold the oven was based off the tabs. I've since not had an issue with milky crowns.

I have had the crowns come out green from contamination and after doing a little googling, I found that on one oven, if I ran it at 1600C for 8 hours, it was perfect, and the other oven has a "periodic maintenance" program on it that runs it about 1600c for several hours as well. I run these cycles at the first of every month and it seems to help with any contaminates that may present themselves in the restoration.

I hope this helps, even just a little bit.

DreN4do

DreN4do

Donator
Reaction score
so I'll try to offer some advice, but take it for what it is, and don't hold it against me.

I ran several cycles of the sintering beads. I never felt like it purged like it should. They always came out like they worked fine, but after the second cycle of crowns, they were green and milky again.

I discovered that the milky-ness was coming from the oven being too hot. so I got some calibration tabs and updated my sintering programs according to how hot or cold the oven was based off the tabs. I've since not had an issue with milky crowns.

I have had the crowns come out green from contamination and after doing a little googling, I found that on one oven, if I ran it at 1600C for 8 hours, it was perfect, and the other oven has a "periodic maintenance" program on it that runs it about 1600c for several hours as well. I run these cycles at the first of every month and it seems to help with any contaminates that may present themselves in the restoration.

I hope this helps, even just a little bit.
we have had similar issues. i only use one oven. and recently i have been getting crowns that come out with a slight green hue, and some with a little yellow hue... especially on LT0 and BL blocks. i tried purging it and still did the same. i also tried calibrating, and still got bad results... any idea why?

J

JUAN CARLOS LONDOÑO

Reaction score
así que intentaré ofrecerte algunos consejos, pero tómalos por lo que son y no me los reproches.

Ejecuté varios ciclos de perlas de sinterización. Nunca sentí que se purgara como debería. Siempre salieron como si funcionaran bien, pero después del segundo ciclo de coronas, estaban verdes y lechosos nuevamente.

Descubrí que la lechosidad provenía del horno demasiado caliente. así que obtuve algunas pestañas de calibración y actualicé mis programas de sinterización de acuerdo con qué tan caliente o frío estaba el horno según las pestañas. Desde entonces no he tenido problemas con las coronas lechosas.

Las coronas salieron verdes por la contaminación y después de googlear un poco, descubrí que en un horno, si lo hacía funcionar a 1600C durante 8 horas, estaba perfecto, y el otro horno tiene un programa de "mantenimiento periódico". también funciona a unos 1600c durante varias horas. Ejecuto estos ciclos el primer día de cada mes y parece ayudar con cualquier contaminante que pueda presentarse en la restauración.

Espero que esto ayude, aunque sea un poco.
Cuantas horas a 1600 ?