depending on the voltage you use the color will be different when anodizing

Attachments

• Anodizes Titanium.jpg
    Anodizes Titanium.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 28
D

DrG

Reaction score
Straumann absolutely blows!!! By far the worse manufacturer of abutments out there. I'd stop doing implants if I had to deal with them to make my abutments. Sorry, but i suffer from straumann implant PTSD. Furthermore, I can't stand the company either. They hate labs, they constantly screw labs over, and sadly most Dentists never have a clue to this fact.
Educate me here please. Why, in your eyes, is Straumann the worse manufacturer of abutments out there ? And why do they screw labs over ? Always love to learn the lab technicians perspective. Thanks

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
D

DrG

Reaction score
We live in a free world.
General dentists do specialty work, refer less and less and the outcome is often sub par.
Dentists do more and more lab work (Cerec, Ceramill, E4D) and send less work to their lab
Big labs eat small labs.
I would focus on quality. There is always room for quality

doug

doug

Reaction score
Straumann has stated to me on three occasions that they would: never be bringing the Neodent Implant system to the US because it was a lower tier system and they didn't want to impune their Straumann brand. That the would not be milling abutments for any other implant system because Straumann is a premier implant and has always touted "Straumann on Straumann" and that the Gonyx would ALWAYS be a physical part of the Co-diagnostic system. Lies and cost me a lot of money. Yes, they are free to do what they want, and business is business. Integrity is aparently not necessary to their business model (edit for spelling)

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Nitride coating is usually done through vapor deposition. The items to be coated are placed in an enclosed chamber along with a pure Nitride ingot. This ingot is brought to boiling and the vapor condenses on the items to be coated much like water vapor on a bathroom mirror.
Anodizing is not a additional layer but a optical illusion. Think of a thin oil film on water. It will show different colors depending on what angle you look at it
Thanks Jo, I always thought it was placed in a large fridge like unit and subjected to Nitrogen in some fashion for about 20 hours. Very grateful to you for pointing this out.
I do anodize and like the hue variations from gold to rose gold or just pink. If one has enough structural mechanical retention planned for, you can also "Peen" the facial with glass beads and really raises the entire value compared to sandbalst and anodize=reflective but with a better hue ( of your choice) and value for sure. I know we've all been there, nicely designed abutment and crown but upon bonding..."Whoa, didn't see that coming" in drop in value.

HygienicBee

HygienicBee

Reaction score
Any word on how this printer performs? Looking into the P30 and want some feedback from someone who's had some experience with it.

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
Plan is to print surgical guides (easy) and implant models with gingiva mask and repo analogs.
Doing only Straumann implants as a surgeon and producing cadcam cust healing abutments and 3D printed models with Ti cust abutments for my referring Drs.
Will post my experience.
RapidShape makes a nice printer, but I'd be pretty concerned about what kind of support you'll receive from Straumann.

Top Bottom