PSA Upgrade Cam PC for Amann Girbach / Dell 5810

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
I noticed that on EBAY companies are unloading these very cheap and bought one as a backup but much better equipped than the one I got with the Mikro 5x. For 350 dollars I got one with the same processor the xeon 1603 but with the M4000 quadro instaed of the 2000 an 64 Gb RAM. The same seller sold me a much better cpu. The Xeon, 2840 I think, that is 8 cores instead of 4 cores for 54 dollars. Took a few bids but I think I picked up another Quadro but he P4000 for half new price today.

They are selling a ton of them and I'm finishing rendering a bit quicker now, especially large bridges.
The original Dell 5810 is sitting in the corner as backup.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Links? what pc did you end up with? Ive been using dell xps for awhile and its been good, its the windows 10 I cant stand...

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
Links? what pc did you end up with? Ive been using dell xps for awhile and its been good, its the windows 10 I cant stand...
There are no links. It's ebay. If you do a basic search you'll come up with hundreds of results .

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I know you listed the components but what PC did you put them in? or was it the dell 5810?

N

nvarras7

Reaction score
I put them in the 5810. Direct swap and kept the second system as a direct swap backup. I cloned the hard disk and have it sitting there in case I need it. I love having a backup ready for everything.