ProTec repair acrylic and monomer?

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
I was using Protec Dental Supplies 10 minute repair acrylic and monomer. Anyone know if they were able to get a new shipment in? I really miss this time saving repair acrylic, it sets up without usin a pressure pot in

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I was using Protec Dental Supplies 10 minute repair acrylic and monomer. Anyone know if they were able to get a new shipment in? I really miss this time saving repair acrylic, it sets up without usin a pressure pot in
I haven't heard anything from Adam at Protech in a long time, the last time I did, he said they were waiting for FDA approval for a new ingredient they were having to switch to because they could no longer get one they used in the old formula.. Who knows how long that will take.

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything from Adam at Protech in a long time, the last time I did, he said they were waiting for FDA approval for a new ingredient they were having to switch to because they could no longer get one they used in the old formula.. Who knows how long that will take.
Ugh! I really liked that acrylic

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Have you found anything similar to use for one tooth flippers?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Have you found anything similar to use for one tooth flippers?
No, we microwave one tooth flippers. It only takes about 3 hours from start to finish.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
What were you drinking at 2:00 this morning? I said it takes 3 HOURS not $300!!! LaughLaughLaugh
Well.... I sure hope you bill at least $100/hour for your expertise and labor. Surely was not drinking..lol. WORKING. ;) And happy to have the work!

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
No, we microwave one tooth flippers. It only takes about 3 hours from start to finish.
Question about microwaving flippers. I had one come out the other day and the tissue side was a milky color. Any ideas what would cause this to happen?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Question about microwaving flippers. I had one come out the other day and the tissue side was a milky color. Any ideas what would cause this to happen?
I've never had that happen. What brand of acrylic are you using?

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Diamond D acrylic with 20 minute monomer . What do you use?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Diamond D acrylic with 20 minute monomer . What do you use?
Exactly the same as you, and I've never had that happen. What kind of separator are you using?

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Diamond D separater. One coat.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Diamond D separater. One coat.
I use 2 coats of Diamond D. Are you following the instructions that came with the flask? I don't follow those. Dennis Urban put out an article on processing in which you process for 4 minutes at full power in a 500w--700w microwave. I've been doing this without any problems whatsoever.

DavidW

DavidW

Reaction score
Make certain that your separator has fully dried before packing the acrylic.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Make certain that your separator has fully dried before packing the acrylic.
How can we trust your opinion? We can't even see your eyes.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I use 2 coats of Diamond D. Are you following the instructions that came with the flask? I don't follow those. Dennis Urban put out an article on processing in which you process for 4 minutes at full power in a 500w--700w microwave. I've been doing this without any problems whatsoever.
Would you have a link to that article?

Top Bottom