Help Wanted Prosthodontist seeking high level technician

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
My name is Tyler Thomas - I am a board certified prosthodontist located in Carmel, Indiana. I am seeking a driven, passionate, and talented dental technician to work alongside in restoring patient's smiles. The practice houses a state-of-the-art dental laboratory. The lab is fully equipped with 3D printing, 5-axis mills (Roland DWX-52 and 52DCI),Exocad (2x full design stations),CoDiagnostix, Cares Visual, DOF lab scanners, Trios IOS, CBCT, etc. I am looking for a long-term candidate that is artistic, fluent with technology, detailed/organized with good time management, willing to learn with a passion for the subject and high quality work. Aspiring for a Master Dental Technician, high-level Certified Dental Technician, or equivalent. Familiarity with Exocad, complete dentures, ceramics, and digital manufacturing encouraged.

This area is considered one of the best places to live and raise a family in the US with a low cost of living, great schools, and a great quality of life. The practice is one of the premiere prosthodontic practices in the Midwest.

Competitive salary, 401k with match, health reimbursement, PTO available.

Please submit resume to [email protected]

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
My name is Tyler Thomas - I am a board certified prosthodontist located in Carmel, Indiana. I am seeking a driven, passionate, and talented dental technician to work alongside in restoring patient's smiles. The practice houses a state-of-the-art dental laboratory. The lab is fully equipped with 3D printing, 5-axis mills (Roland DWX-52 and 52DCI),Exocad (2x full design stations),CoDiagnostix, Cares Visual, DOF lab scanners, Trios IOS, CBCT, etc. I am looking for a long-term candidate that is artistic, fluent with technology, detailed/organized with good time management, willing to learn with a passion for the subject and high quality work. Aspiring for a Master Dental Technician, high-level Certified Dental Technician, or equivalent. Familiarity with Exocad, complete dentures, ceramics, and digital manufacturing encouraged.

This area is considered one of the best places to live and raise a family in the US with a low cost of living, great schools, and a great quality of life. The practice is one of the premiere prosthodontic practices in the Midwest.

Competitive salary, 401k with match, health reimbursement, PTO available.

Please submit resume to [email protected]
good morning Dr. that's a steep wish list in a technician, CDT/MDT or otherwise. basically you're asking for a singular tech that knows all aspects of every technical dept, save ortho. or 3 techs at minimum. these types generally own their own labs (myself and many others here). i wish you luck in finding this person but will toss out a caveat for what the price tag should be for someone of this caliber....and that's well north of 6 figures. should you have success in finding someone this skilled that comes aboard, please stay in touch with us all here on the forums. we enjoy it when docs want to join our mad house! haha
cheers!

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
good morning Dr. that's a steep wish list in a technician, CDT/MDT or otherwise. basically you're asking for a singular tech that knows all aspects of every technical dept, save ortho. or 3 techs at minimum. these types generally own their own labs (myself and many others here). i wish you luck in finding this person but will toss out a caveat for what the price tag should be for someone of this caliber....and that's well north of 6 figures. should you have success in finding someone this skilled that comes aboard, please stay in touch with us all here on the forums. we enjoy it when docs want to join our mad house! haha
cheers!
Too much to ask??? :) Actually, I am aware of everything you said. I have 2 other great technicians currently and am looking for the right person who really loves/understands the technology side of things and where the industry is headed. That is most important. I want a long-term colleague who has a strong passion for the field, CAD/CAM, and high-quality lab work, someone who can collaberate with me. Besides the position at the practice, the area is awesome. It has a high quality of life, and a low cost of living.

Any other areas/associations/groups you’d recommend reaching out or posting to?

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Too much to ask??? :) Actually, I am aware of everything you said. I have 2 other great technicians currently and am looking for the right person who really loves/understands the technology side of things and where the industry is headed. That is most important. I want a long-term colleague who has a strong passion for the field, CAD/CAM, and high-quality lab work, someone who can collaberate with me. Besides the position at the practice, the area is awesome. It has a high quality of life, and a low cost of living.

Any other areas/associations/groups you’d recommend reaching out or posting to?
def not too much to ask! asking is paramount to all inquiries. i would wager most of us here are in a similar position trying to find those golden nuggets in the ever shrinking field of technicians.
there's always fb groups and such to post to. its about the only time i head over to fb anymore.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
One of the reasons it is hard to find technicians is that we have discouraged the next generation to take up the profession.

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
that would be part of it.
classifying us as "unskilled" labor doesnt help things either.
Definitely a difference between someone who works in a dental lab and a dental laboratory technician! I don’t know how it isn’t skilled work…

We need more high quality technicians who run the technology rather than letting the technology running them.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ty show us the money ,most are more passionate the more they get paid.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons it is hard to find technicians is that we have discouraged the next generation to take up the profession.
Do you want your kids in this business?

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
The way the field has been accelerating, I personally find it exciting. Any job is work and has its downsides, but we can do more today than we've ever been able to do and I see it changing people's lives.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The way the field has been accelerating, I personally find it exciting. Any job is work and has its downsides, but we can do more today than we've ever been able to do and I see it changing people's lives.
We have paid a heavy price to get to this point. I would not subject my offspring to the journey I have experienced.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Morning Dr. Thomas! You'll find plenty of techs who want to play with the new toys, you might try the dental lab schools, advertise in lab magazines such as JDT/Nadl. One benefit all would love is more time off, just saying and good luck.

stonefly

stonefly

Reaction score
Ten years later I will still stick to this.
Sorry I had to repost. My truth

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Ten years later I will still stick to this.
Sorry I had to repost. My truth
I still just want to hunt and fish. I should have found a way to turn that into a living.
My older brother is a wildlife biologist.